StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a really well-farkled, reasonably priced, low milage 2009 Wee.
As I've read various posts on this site and become more familiar with the bike's issues, I'm debating whether I'd be smarter to go for a 2012 Adventure instead. The used bike has Givi hard bags, skid plate, crash bars, Madstad brackets, Givi windscreen,etc......
I'm particularly concerned about buffeting (I'm 5'7", if that matters).
Is the 2012 that much better?
I'd appreciate any thoughts y'all might have.

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would suspect the old bike with the Givi shield and Madstad would be less likely to give you buffeting problems because of its huge range in adjustability. That is the setup I have. I am 6'2", and have no buffeting at all. BUT, the new 2012's are awfully nice!!! You can always make some after-market mods to it if needed.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I can't speak to what the 2012 will do for you but I have a Madstad bracket along with his Adv Windscreen on my Wee. I am also somewhat on the "height challenged" end of the Wee/Vee Strom riders scale as I am 5'9' and wear a 30 inch inseam. Adding the Madstad bracket and the windscreen took care of 90 percent of my buffeting problems. I do get some air around the front fairing that blows up into the bottom of my helmet. Took care of that with a set of Tank Panniers and have no buffeting problems at all now.

Maybe one of the "shorter" guys with a 2012 will weigh in now about the new Wee does.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
If the price is OK for you, get the 2012. It has many minor and moderate improvements, especially in the suspension. the new bike is better for buffeting, and if that is still a problem for you, it is a cheaper fix than bringing the older bike up to K2 standards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts