StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a painful ~400mi ride a couple of weeks ago, and with a trip involving a couple of 500mi days coming up in a few weeks, I started thinking seriously about a new seat. The sheepskin helps a little, but I'm a skinny mofo and the lack of built-in padding on my own seat means it doesn't take long for the pressure points to start hurting. So a couple of days ago I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Sargent, and it shipped today. Can't wait to settle in to the comfiness!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The Sarg is a firm seat, but there is a whole lot more contact area with your butt cheeks, close to 4" wider across the width of the butt cheek contact patch. It will start to become more forgiving in it's stiffness with use. But it's miles ahead of the stocker. I love mine.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had it less than a week now, and I already like it better. Looking forward to really breaking it in!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Sargent is in the mail. Hope it works out.
Do you by any chance suffer from the buffeting malady or the tingling hand/fingers/wrist syndrome?
I bought rox risers, grip puppies, a givi tall and a madstad. I am not 100% sure, but I am about 90% sure that the madstad/givi combo would have completely solved my buffeting issue but the resulting change in my riding postion as a result of the rox risers put my head back in the edge of the "buffeting" zone. It gets bad again around 65 mph.
More research is showing that the pullback of the stock bars probably had as much to do with the numbness as the height. I am using grip puppies and a throttle rest to help and I have ordered a kaoko also, but I am thinking I may need to swap bars out.

Did your new seat lower your riding position any?
Do you have any other input?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have had trouble with buffeting, but the Madstad took care of the worst of it. No hand/wrist problems so far. I also have grip puppies, mainly to increase the grip diameter, and a throttle rest. Have you tried all the possible shield positions with the Madstad? My best results so far have been with the Madstad mounted in the middle position (where the top of its base is even with the top of the stock windshield mount) and tilted as far back as possible. I'm 5'10", 32 inseam.

The Sargent has almost the same seat height as the 650 seat, just a bit higher. If I nestle my butt into the pocket though, it puts me further back than the stock seat, so I'm leaning/reaching further for the bars. Overall I'm very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts