StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The mechanical and social biking event of the decade will happen Saturday, Sept 1st at Firedog's garage. We will be installing my new Sonics on Scarlett. It should offer those of stout heart and strong mind an example of pure Suzuki mechanical magic. Steve says to arrive at any time after 9:30 am so lets say 10:00 am to be polite-he works until 8:00 am that morning. This is not an event for the weak of heart. Alcoholic beverages may be consumed-In moderation-swear words may escape the lips of the frustrated, and swarthy men may be stripped to the waist if the current heat wave persists. Come one come all and witness the battle of man against machine all for the sake of suspension bliss. Survivors will be taking a ride through Amish Country or other points of interest to consummate the joining of spring and fork on the 650. I personally haven't been this excited since my first date with the class easy girl in high school.

Directions will follow as soon as I lean how to post them.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Love this guy's posts. I wish I could make it, looking forward to the results!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
If you're planning on coming let me know so I can lay in enough grub for the grill!
We can also do some TBS's if anyone needs one done.

Any and all are welcome!

PM me for directions

Later

·
Registered
35 Posts
With a write up like that, I'd plan to be there even if I had know idea what a V-strom was! You don't need to count me for grub though, chances are I wouldn't stay that long (i.e. nine year old twin sons). I have so many farkles to consider for my new bike I'm paralyzed. Looking foreword to your advise on the matter.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That's a funny damned post. If I didn't live so far away and still have relatively decent springs on my newer bike, I'd take that one in.

BTW, you'll love the Sonics. I had them on my Wee. Even the "easy girl" won't wear those down. :)

Have fun Buckeyes!

Rod
07 Vee
UW-Platteville class of '79 and Gator hater
Riverview, FL

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
If I wasn't leaving for Santa Monica the same weekend - I'd be there.

If you go out in public as a group, don't sit across from the women's restroom and get called names.

Tige

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Let's see, if I left now.........

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only 4 more days. I'm getting wet with anticipation.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Heavy H, it looks like we'll have some good weather so you may want to consider the trip out...

I also found out that I have the Big Ten network so the Buckeye's opener will be on. Again, any and all are welcome.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I'd like to stop by, just to say "hi". I'm only 20 minutes from Centerburg. Directions?

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Between Sunbury and Centerburg at 16430 Centerburg Rd, about halfway between SR 36 and Condit Rd.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Cool. Probably drop by around 10:30 or so, in time to see you guys good 'n sweaty...

·
0 Posts
Looks like it may be a good gathering!!!

Hey Steve...should I bring anything.

Food, drinks, tools???

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
We should be good for tools. I'll have some frosty pops on hand but if you have a preference bring some of what you like. I'll pick up some grill food (probably just some dogs and burgers) once I get an idea on how many's stopping by. Nothing really fancy, you know the routine.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
We should be good for tools. I'll have some frosty pops on hand but if you have a preference bring some of what you like. I'll pick up some grill food (probably just some dogs and burgers) once I get an idea on how many's stopping by. Nothing really fancy, you know the routine.
I'm not eating (or wrenching), I am on a ride that morning anyway with a friend and will just swing by to (re)introduce myself.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My OCD is really getting the best of me regarding the washers for the spring spacers. Stopped by Columbus Fasteners today on my way to work and found some SS washers the same width or a hair wider than the springs. However, they are a bit thicker than the washers provided with the kit. I have been reassured by Rich that the ones that came with the springs will work but the fact that the springs are wider than the spacers and the spacers are wider than the washers is going to keep me up nights. But all is well now.

·
I rock at logic
368 Posts
This is not an event for the weak of heart. Alcoholic beverages may be consumed-In moderation-swear words may escape the lips of the frustrated, and swarthy men may be stripped to the waist if the current heat wave persists.

Man... it would be a fun ride out to meet you guys, but other plans prevail.

Swapping the springs was one of the few projects I have done on a motorcycle or an automobile where I didn't curse like a sailor, so you'll be OK. :-D

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Man... it would be a fun ride out to meet you guys, but other plans prevail.

Swapping the springs was one of the few projects I have done on a motorcycle or an automobile where I didn't curse like a sailor, so you'll be OK. :-D
I usually end up bleeding, cursing and asking myself why I do this to myself and when it's all done I forget all that and just enjoy the fact that I did it myself. Glad to hear it's not too big a project.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey it looks like my Saturday just freed up so I am planning on heading up. I would like to recheck my tbs since I didnt nail polish the screw last time and I have a set of spacers for the rear wheel to put on. See everyone around 10

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
HELLO....the BUCKEYES are playing Saturday!!!!!!!:rolleyes: My Bball game is at 10 am, I'll try to see if I can make it. Also.....do you know that the game is on the new Big 10 network, and not televised locally? I am freakin pissed off about this, and I'm sure most of Ohio is as well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts