StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me figure this out, please.
I am very interested in this bike: stromtrooper.com/sale/404930-2014-v-strom-dl1000-purchased-new-march-2017-a.html

I sent the seller a private message. I then tried to reply to the post to mention that PM was sent. I got a "not authorized to see this page". I then checked my private messages and noticed that I have nothing in sent forlder, so I don't think the message went through (no errors though).

Any ideas what's going on?
Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exact message:

erci, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If this is due to the 20 post minimum, I gotta say it's not the best approach. Not being able to post things for sale until you have 20 legit posts makes sense, but to buy?

·
Registered
14,237 Posts
Yah sometimes when new you get locked out of the fun and games. I know it was like that when I first joined and wanted respond to something on sale.
Then you hang out a bit and make some replies to things that get posted and pretty soon you have the qualifying number of posts and can be a more active member.
hang in there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah sometimes when new you get locked out of the fun and games. I know it was like that when I first joined and wanted respond to something on sale.
Then you hang out a bit and make some replies to things that get posted and pretty soon you have the qualifying number of posts and can be a more active member.
hang in there.
Gotcha. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,521 Posts
You must have more than 20 posts, and have been a member for 20 days, or have a $tromtrooper Membership, before posting in this section. No "Join to Sell" allowed.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/sale/62037-************rules-using-marketplace-please-read************.html

However your PM probably did go to the seller.
For some reason by default the "save a copy of this message in your sent messages" box when you write a new PM is empty. The next time you write a message click on that box (at the bottom of the page) and a copy of that message will be saved. It only has to be done once to change your preferances. This option is listed down the page under "Miscellaneous Options".

·
Super Moderator
16,237 Posts
The rules are the rules, replying to any and every post "in one day" in order to get your post count, is also against the rules and you will receive a forum vacation.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must have more than 20 posts, and have been a member for 20 days, or have a $tromtrooper Membership, before posting in this section. No "Join to Sell" allowed.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/sale/62037-************rules-using-marketplace-please-read************.html

However your PM probably did go to the seller.
For some reason by default the "save a copy of this message in your sent messages" box when you write a new PM is empty. The next time you write a message click on that box (at the bottom of the page) and a copy of that message will be saved. It only has to be done once to change your preferances. This option is listed down the page under "Miscellaneous Options".
Thanks very much! Yeah, the No "Join to Sell" allowed threw me off. Trying to buy, so didn't think 20 count would apply. Guess there's no real way to separate that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rules are the rules, replying to any and every post "in one day" in order to get your post count, is also against the rules and you will receive a forum vacation.
Understood. It would be much nicer if the "for sale" section was set up to not allow starting new threads (meaning trying to sell) until 20 posts were reached, but allowed replying to existing posts. No idea if forum software has that kind of capability.

Then again, 20 posts isn't exactly a lot and it may be more trouble than it's worth. Thanks for your replies, everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts