1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
At least that quasi-image doesn't have a beak on it. Be interesting to see what they do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had stumbled onto that rumor myself, probably over at ADVrider. It will be interesting to see what unfolds.

I'd hope to see it in 800cc format myself, right up against the BMW & Triumph offerings. That's the sweet spot for me...... but probably not gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Good news.........it sounds like, anyway??!! What is considered "Middle Weight"??????? Is the 650 considered "Lite Weight"?? :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
That hardly even qualifies as a teaser! Hey Suzuki, tell us something!

An 800cc X-Strom? :hurray:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,602 Posts
This might explain why Suzuki have been doing deals on the DL here in Australia.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Here are the images they are showing.

That outline is way to street bike oriented for me I hope that it's just an artist being given a job rather than a real representation of the new bike.
If the bike looks anything like that kiss "more dirt worthy" goodbye. It's obviously a 19" front wheel with minimal suspension travel and the ergos are road/touring biased rather than road/dirt. The side of fairing near the engine looks like a Concours.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks like the same designer that designed the Katana body work. I hope the rendering is quite accurate as the value of my Vee will increase tremendeously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That outline is way to street bike oriented for me I hope that it's just an artist being given a job rather than a real representation of the new bike.
If the bike looks anything like that kiss "more dirt worthy" goodbye. It's obviously a 19" front wheel with minimal suspension travel and the ergos are road/touring biased rather than road/dirt. The side of fairing near the engine looks like a Concours.
Afraid of change or something? You seem pretty biased against it with really no information at all yet. Obviously a 19" front? It's not obviously anything - if we assume that the render is sitting on level ground the only thing we can tell about the wheels is that the front is much bigger than the rear, as you can barely see a tiny bit of rear in the lower-left of the picture, and maybe a third of the outside-diameter of the front in the lower-right - without a scale can't put any dimensions on either though. There is no suspension drawn at all, no point making assumptions there. Same with no handlebars drawn at all, which makes anything related to ergos just an assumption as well. And though the one in the render is much larger, the detail on the side of the fairing does kinda remind me of of the little plastic bit at the bottom of the DL1000 fairing.

I seem to be one of very few thats looking forward to more information instead of pre-assuming the redesign will ruin it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm totally excited about it :thumbup: Keep the same ergonomics & dual sport capability but with better brakes/suspension, and 800cc displacement. Play right in BMW/Triumphs back yard but for 25% less. I would buy one. I'm so excited to hear more.

Something tells me this thread is going to get mighty long :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm totally excited about it :thumbup: Keep the same ergonomics & dual sport capability but with better brakes/suspension, and 800cc displacement. Play right in BMW/Triumphs back yard but for 25% less. I would buy one. I'm so excited to hear more.
+1

I am hopeful that this "teaser" campaign isn't as poorly conceived and rolled out as Triumph's "teaser" campaign for the Tiger 800/XC. That was painfully drawn out. Often times less can be more but too little (divulged over a painfully long period of time) is too little.

Had an opportunity to see and sit on (although not ride) both the Tiger 800 as well as the XC. Nice looking scooters and the XC is immense looking (tall). I like them and the reviews are glowing although as Eyedoctor said, whats not to like in a Suzuki competitor for (hopefully) 25% less cost. I love my V-Strom, a derivative at 800ccs would be intriguing.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being a street rider and beak hater, I'm hopeful.

R

·
0 Posts
Looks like the same designer that designed the Katana body work. I hope the rendering is quite accurate as the value of my Vee will increase tremendeously.
It seems to me that this looks vaguely like the RF900 that they produced decades ago. It was a world beater for sure.

Middle Class???
That would suit most of us here who haven't joined the Upper Class yet.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Very interesting. Come on Suzuki, you can do it! Build something to get us excited.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So...the Zook HQ drongos have really pulled the finger out after I sent 'em the pics on Monday. YEAH!! :biggrinjester:

The official launch will show the slightly blurred low-res versions of those:

Now I'm waiting for the check :)

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Being a whoop-te-doo lover with a lust for afterburner-flavored acceleration, I've been hoping for less pounds (weight), more cubes (displacement), and longer legs, without the higher $$$ associated with the three-letter brands. I'm still waiting for Dirt_Dad to twist the grip on his S10 later in the year...

1 - 20 of 208 Posts