StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone....Since our Nov 4th Ride to Eat I have been playing with the 650 to improve some ergonomics. Here are some of the mods that have mearsurable improvements in the ride.

First....My stock bars have too much sweep which causes my wrist some discomfort over a long day. Put on some dirt bike bars which give the bike more of a straight bar ride and a little lower rise. Love them.

Second....Put on the Madstadd bracket only to have my mirrors hit the windshield when turning. Needed long stem mirrors to correct problem. Found a set of Pro Sport mirrors that have extra long stems which work perfect.

Third....The guy I sold the 23 1/2 " Cee Bailey to never used it as he sold his bike before it arrived to him. He sent it back to me and I put it on the Madstadd bracket. Ideal set up for sport touring. He also sent me a Laminar Lip to try out. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

Lastly....Added a set of spongy grips to improve diameter of grips and comfort. Great $9.95 investment.

Here is a picture of the mirrors and the new setup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks good Tom, I to put on the spongy grips and they are real sweet. I used the "Lip" but took it off after a while. I am up for new mirrors and will have them soon.
You need to just add another muffles and you would be in good shape. :)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Leave it to Charlie, the Harley guy to bring up muffles. What the heck are muffles? Some kind of hand warmer or something you had for breakfast on toast? We got no muffles on BMW's. Seriously, good loking bike and very useful changes. Just had to pull Charlie's chain a bit, well a lot maybe.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Tom

Doesn't it lean to one side all the time because it has only 1 muffler?
The oz of fuel it takes to run that extra muffler cna't compare to the sound
of twin pipes. Guess that is the Harley guy in me. :)

Just kidding, bike does look sharp.

JK, What's a B M W ? B Bottom of the line
M Motorcycle
W Wantabees

Kidding also, BMW are great.
Have you checked out the t-shirt thread lately?

See ya guys soon.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Bring
More
Wampum

That is just for service, if you an find a dealer....................... Don't even go to trying to deal with the stealership on buying one. That's why mine came out of Illinois in December.

My DL goes in to the shop Monday for tesing to see if the ECM needs replacing to get rid of the hicup. The it off to the tire shop for a new Tourance on the rear. Then watch out!!!!

Tampa Tom keep up the farkling, looks good.
Charlie are you coming over to my side of the state for Turkey Rod next week?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts