StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings again fellow Stromers,

I just got the bike titled and registered in my name this morning. I've ridden the bike a few times, maybe 20 miles at a crack. The bike is comfortable but...I am about 5'10", 190lbs and it seems I ride kinda far forward near the tank and most of the weight is on my gonads! So, I was thinking perhaps raising the bars up a bit with extensions might make me ride a bit more upright? I'm guessing here but it seems I lean over too much and I want this bike to be perfect! Any suggestions out there except getting a groin cup? lol

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Greetings again fellow Stromers,

I just got the bike titled and registered in my name this morning. I've ridden the bike a few times, maybe 20 miles at a crack. The bike is comfortable but...I am about 5'10", 190lbs and it seems I ride kinda far forward near the tank and most of the weight is on my gonads! So, I was thinking perhaps raising the bars up a bit with extensions might make me ride a bit more upright? I'm guessing here but it seems I lean over too much and I want this bike to be perfect! Any suggestions out there except getting a groin cup? lol
Try rolling the bars back towards you.
Also lowering the pegs may help.

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Unless you are the original owner, check that the seat has not been modified by the previous owner.
What bike did you come off of? If you are used to a more "cruiser" type bike, at first you will feel that you are being pushed forward on the V.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless you are the original owner, check that the seat has not been modified by the previous owner.
What bike did you come off of? If you are used to a more "cruiser" type bike, at first you will feel that you are being pushed forward on the V.
I've been riding a road sofa (2001 Roadking for the past 20 years...I imagine that might be it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The stock seat like most bikes is a very limiting comfort factor. Rox risers or Rocky Mount Tusk T-10 handlebars or any of the other inexpensive replacement bars should help dial in the ergos. Make incremental adjustments until you perfect it. You have a wonderful platform to modify. RDL seat and Madstad screen if you want the best after you get the bars to your liking.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am a couple mm from 6', and I go between 255-265 several times a year. I put AdventureTech peg lowers and Rox bar risers on mine, and fits me GREAT. I had your same needs you're asking about.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,906 Posts
I favour a seat appraisal. My 2010 when new was OK but as the seat aged and sacked out I found myself locked in place very near the tank.
I purchased a new Saddlemens seat but you could easily take the seat to an upholsterer for more padding and a different profile. For long rides comfort a flattish seat that you can move around on is far superior - even if it initially feels quite firm.

Reactions: Spec

·
Registered
24 Posts
What size Rox risers did you use?
I used the ones that were supposed to fit without having to extend the brake lines, 1" up and 1" back, or 1 1/2" up, whatever they are. Once I installed it tightened the line to an uncomfortable look, pretty tight. My bike has ABS, so I chose to let the dealer put them on and lengthen the lines.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you're a little handy and you already own a very good stapler, modifying the seat is easy, free and can be very effective. Numerous ways to do it.
Proper bar position is good, but if you're using your arms to keep you in the right place on the seat, the seat is wrong. And your arms aren't as neutral and relaxed as they should be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am 5 foot 10 inches so I got handle bar risers that go up 1 inch and back towards me for another 1 inch. That definitely helped. Then after that I adjusted the handlebars them selves for standing up and that helped lots. Now I just sit back and ride:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am 5 foot 10 inches so I got handle bar risers that go up 1 inch and back towards me for another 1 inch. That definitely helped. Then after that I adjusted the handlebars them selves for standing up and that helped lots. Now I just sit back and ride:)
Ok, Remember which ones you got? I assume you didn't have to change the cables or brake line?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was 30mm enough for you when you changed them?
Yep, I am 6'3" and they work well while standing up. I might have enjoyed a more height, but it would have been a lot of cabling challenges.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I installed ROX 2” risers @ a 45 degree angle. I needed to re-route the brake line a little and make a short extender where the brake line is anchored to the triple tree.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts