StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight at the Chicago bike show I got to see the new Vee2. I was able to remove the side cases and got pics of their insides. They are an odd shape but do look nice and tuck in well. The beak is not as bad looking as I expected. One thing that I didn't care for the the bareness of the dash board. It is a little stark looking. The adjustable windshield is a nice touch though.

I liked the bike quite a bit except that it's little sister was just so much better looking and had more buxom cases. If the Vee2 doesn't feel a lot faster than the Wee2 I'd take the Wee2.

·
Registered
15,609 Posts
I don't know about stark for the dash. Looks like an empty canvas waiting for some personal decorating. Those flat spaces are begging for a GPS mount or some other necessity!
Looking down the fork tubes, seems like a wind tunnel. I remember the BMW RT/RS came with a vinyl air dam that went around the fork tubes on the faired bikes.
I can remember saddle bags that opened to a big rectangular cavern too.
Interesting the way design has become so convoluted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
dash empty space..

With the flat empty dash all of us will have plenty of room to cut it up and install all kinds of....goodies. Think of it as a nice new canvas...you can do all your own creations on it!

Maybe a small tablet can be fitted so you can watch football games while driving though the streets of ????

Personally, I liked it empty. The less crap to look at the better. I prefer not to run into the back of a tractor trailer, at 74, while trying to see some electronic device is trying to tell me. As noted somewhere else...less is more!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The dash and top triple clamp area look not only stark, in your photo (maybe it's the lighting), it also looks, ahem, a little budget. I guess better handlebars would spruce it up some. Wouldn't prevent me from buying the bike though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
a canvas...

Think of the blank dash as a canvas...a place you can add all your motorcycle "goodies."

·
Registered
20 Posts
"I liked the bike quite a bit except that it's little sister was just so much better looking and had more buxom cases. If the Vee2 doesn't feel a lot faster than the Wee2 I'd take the Wee2. " I'm fairly certain that if you were to ride both, the suspension and power of the Vee2 would definitely appeal to you more than the Wee2, but for the money it's a hard sale.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to agree the dash does look stark and a little cheap. I hadn't thought this from previous pics that I have seen.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I saw it in person and it does look a little stark and cheap. The picture is not deceptive.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think that the vee2 instrument cluster itself is well designed, attractive and very functional. I prefer the description 'clean' over 'stark'. It will look even better once you remove the mandatory warning labels.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Think of the blank dash as a canvas...a place you can add all your motorcycle "goodies."
Agree with this, i think that those "blank" spots on each side of the dash are perfect for gadgets :thumbup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
small Mac i-tablet..

The dash was purposefully designed so that you can put your small apple i-table on one side...all you electric imput jacks on the other. And you thought the design engineers did not know what they were doing.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
A few power plugs or cell phone mount and good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
photo farking

Ha Ha a new Vstromer pastime Photo Farking

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just got a shipping quote of 1200.00 US. What do you think? I have read all the posts about rides and would love to partake. Can I get a used bike less than 2000.00 that is decent?
:confused::confused:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Zedex9r has the right vision for those empty spots on the dash. Just because you guys live at the other end of the earth doesn't mean you don't have great ideas!:green_lol:
Cheers mate.

It's about having some positive ideas. :yesnod:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts