StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my friends.

It has probably been about 2 years since I have posted anything but I am in the need of some opinions.

My Wee needs a new rear rubber. Now I do not do any off roading or really anything more than the occasional gravel road.

I see that alot of people use the Shinko705 tires but the tread is a bit to off-road for me. I was looking at the Kenda Cruiser K671 or the Shinko SR741 My biggest worry is that both tyres are bias ply and I have a radial on right now. I do not do any performance riding and was wondering what the difference in ride would be like. It has been hard to find an answer because most people say that you should not mix a Bias and Radial tire but then give no reason as to why. I understand why for a car but on a motorbike it would not make sense to me.

Anyway, looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks again,
Jonathan

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are you the original owner? My '15 XT came with Bridgestone Trailwings. Was there an issue with what you have on there now? Yes, there are many tires out there and all can be successfully ridden within their design, bike's, and rider's skill parameters. Almost any tire can be ridden on groomed gravel roads in good weather and a reasonable speed.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Shinko 705 tread is great on the road. Wet roads, dry roads. Tyres more costly may indeed deliver more performance. For the price, Shinko 705 is more than worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not the original owner.

My rear tire is almost at the wear bar so I am looking at a new one.

has anyone here but a bias ply tire on the back?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I am not the original owner.

My rear tire is almost at the wear bar so I am looking at a new one.

has anyone here but a bias ply tire on the back?

Sure no problems mixing tires.

I've been using Shinko 712s, mostly pavement with the occasional dirt road.
They work well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. The Kenda Cruiser tires are all sold out so it looks like I am going with the Shinko SR741 Bias tire on the rear. Just did my post-winter check, you know, clean and oil the chain, tire pressures and so on. My rear tire is worse than I thought, right on the wear bar down the middle. Guess it is time to order the tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts