StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Stebel horn from Twisted throttle, I went ahead and got the wire harness, with relay for sake of easy instalation. Did anyone have any issues with this install?

Also i am getting ready to buy a centerstand, if price was not a factor, and you wanted the one that was less trouble installing , and had no issues, which center stand would you go with?

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Don't have the Stebel so I can't help you with that but as to the center stand I have the 'Zuc stand. It went on with no problems and I have no complaints with how it works. I have read where there might be a clearance issue when leaned over to the left but I haven't experienced that. It is very stable and works well, I recomend it (or any center stand) as a "must-have" farkle.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I used a big chevy truck horn so I cannot help you there either. I have a buddy with an aftermarket stand and I have the OEM. IMHO the OEM is the better stand. It fits with all aftermarket parts (some skidplates don't work with aftermarket) and it is tucked up higher to if you bottom out you don't rip the stand off. Okay, I exaggerate the ripping off part but it did have to be pounded back into line and new bolts put in.

-GW

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Stebel

I have a stebel.

Make sure you cover your ears when you test it if you're indoors.

That sucker is LOUD.

I still can't figure out why the bike manufacturers all install the same wimpy, anemic horns. Doesn't seem to matter how expensive the bike is, it will come from the factory with a ratty little beeper.

Don't they know we -need- a loud horn to wake the cagers?

:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replys, i have the Stebel, not sure how Im gonna install the horn yet...Ive been reading many threads in here, still gonna be a chore, and i am still leaning towards OEM for the Stand, from those I have heard from it sounds like it is a bit more able , and less trouble down the road , since I have begun with the farkle madness, there will be more to come!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts