Givi crash bars
Progressive fork springs
Fork brace
Lowering links
Windscreen with laminar lip
K&N filter
Fender extender
Center stand

All for $8K Canadian. Owner can't ride anymore due to neck problem.

Questions:
Is this a good deal (assuming well maintained and no issues with the bike of course?)
What problems were common for 06 DL1000s? (if any)

I'm on the cusp of pulling the trigger, but am having cautious thoughts before giving a hard commitment to the sale.

Thanks in advance!
Owen

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The saddle, luggage, crashbars, fork brace, windscreen, and center stand are good. The springs and lowering links might fit you and might not--does he still have the originals if those fit you better? Muffler & tuning must be done right. K&N--ho hum. Fender extender--US$40 nice-to-have.

All pricing is local.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The saddle, luggage, crashbars, fork brace, windscreen, and center stand are good. The springs and lowering links might fit you and might not--does he still have the originals if those fit you better? Muffler & tuning must be done right. K&N--ho hum. Fender extender--US$40 nice-to-have.

All pricing is local.
As I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam, the lowering links will have me less on the balls of my feet as I've been when checking out various Stroms - so that's a good thing. The K&N I might lose, heard too many negatives about them on Stroms.

Don't know about originals yet, trying to setup a time to check it out in person.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Owen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In USA I would expect that to go for about $6000 and maybe a little more for the bags
Thanks for the ballpark advice. Apparently bikes are substantively cheaper in the US!

Unfortunately, it sold out from under me before I had a chance to view the bike. Guess someone else grabbed the good deal when it was proffered!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts