StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being transfixed by Handyhikers excellent thread on the exhaust modification to his Vee and the engine performance enhancement (perhaps serendipidous) and handling improvement (expected), I got to thinking:

Has anyone made their 'Strom, either Wee or Vee into a solo bike with the luggage moved forward?

If the passenger section of the seat were eliminated, the top case moved forward, a backrest could easily be installed. Also the side cases could be moved forward as there would be no passenger legs to clear.

This would effectively move the weight of the luggage forward and presumably improve handling, especially when fully loaded.

Now I know there are likely to be some downsides, i.e.: mounting, lean angle, chain access, wanton women needing a rides home from pubs, etc., but I'm sure that acceptable compromises can be found.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Interesting idea. Women tend to find me repulsive in an "I don't want to screw him but he's a nice guy" kind of way and this modification would be acceptable for me. A drybag strapped to the passenger seat would be my cheap lazy way around this but I'm interested if anyone has done this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Corbin Modular Seat

I was looking at aftermarket seat options online and Corbin has a modular seat system out now. They also have a sort of storage trunk that can go inplace of the passenger seat. Pricey but a cool idea.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
AH....Wanton women? Theres a classic term I have not heard for quite sometime.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I run out of wanton women I use my hunting daypack as a back rest. I usually carry my heavier stuff in it when touring. It would be nice to move the side cases forward though.

Nice.

Matching sleeping bag.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks K1W1,

I remember seeing the very beginning of this project on ADVrider months and months ago and quickly forgot about it.

My question is primarily directed at the handling benefits of moving the cases forward into the passenger area.

You Aussies are a resourceful lot. I have a cousin-in-law down there and would love to visit one day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hate I left Hendo so soon after getting a Wee, I can imagine we woulda done a lot of riding together...

I'll be back there in a few years I hope!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts