StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to swap out the oem rubber bar cones for solid aluminim ones.

All of the listings for solid cones are for dirt bikes.....no Vstrom ever listed.

I suspect the Vee uses the same cones as the dRZ SM....which is the same as all the RMZ as well.
Anyone confirm?

If this is the case does Suzi still use 10mm bolts in a bushing insdie the cones too??

I would rather go with 12mm bolts and eliminate the silly bushing and wimpy 10mm bolts too.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
If they did go up to a 12mm bolts the bar clamps would need to be beefier too, everything has a weak point and during a crash I would prefer that 10mm bolt as a weak point over something more expensive like the triple clamp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill take precision handling thank you

this is primarily a street bike....its using a handlebar/triple clamp setup literally from a 125cc dirtbike of the 70s

the forces of simply riding, manouvering at slow speed are enough to constantly skew the bars off centre....and the vague handling is very annoying

i am hopeful there is a entire upper triple clamp with integral bar mounts out there which would be the ideal remedy

otherwise ill go solid cones and beefier mounts

the issue is magnified by ysing a bar riser which I am , the vague floppy bar/triple interface is worse yet

Back on track tho

can anyone confirm the cones listed for the DRZsm and RMZ are the same dimensions as the Vee??

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts