StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am now bike less and am starting to look at the 2014 VStrom 1000's. Seems like they are pricing them too sell. Suzuki of Newmarket has an 1000 ABS listed at $11,495+tax Asselstines is asking interested buyers to contact them for a quote. Anyone have advice or knowledge of how hungry the dealers are to make a sale at this time of the year? I have heard on the GTAM forum that SON is terrible to deal with as far as service goes.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
You don't need to return to the dealer you bought from. Any Suzuki dealer can do warranty work. Any shop can do any normal maintenance you don't want to do yourself.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Well, I am now bike less and am starting to look at the 2014 VStrom 1000's. Seems like they are pricing them too sell. Suzuki of Newmarket has an 1000 ABS listed at $11,495+tax Asselstines is asking interested buyers to contact them for a quote. Anyone have advice or knowledge of how hungry the dealers are to make a sale at this time of the year? I have heard on the GTAM forum that SON is terrible to deal with as far as service goes.
There is a reason why SON has a bad reputation... it's because they are bad lol. I bought my Vstrom off a lady who was a doctor in Newmarket. She bought the bike new there and had all service done by them. You wouldn't believe the things i've found on the bike and had to fix...

The issue with service is that they are setting up your new bike for you... so if you do buy from them check it over really well. make sure the chains set, right amount of oil, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a reason why SON has a bad reputation... it's because they are bad lol. I bought my Vstrom off a lady who was a doctor in Newmarket. She bought the bike new there and had all service done by them. You wouldn't believe the things i've found on the bike and had to fix...

The issue with service is that they are setting up your new bike for you... so if you do buy from them check it over really well. make sure the chains set, right amount of oil, etc.
It seems the popular consensus is, SON are bad. But with what I got for the GS I can buy the VStrom 1000 get some farkels from Touratech and still have plenty of cash left over. I'm waiting for a Quote from Asselstines. It seems Suzuki has some incentives till March 31st. I'll be checking the dealers out this weekend.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Check out Brampton Powersports as well - they are a large volume dealer and should be able to compete with SON prices. I bought a new bike off them with no issues at all and then have my private mechanic (approved by Suzuki to do warranty work) do all the work over the years.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Suzuki of Brampton have some pretty good deals during winter months, but just today I was on Kijiji Quebec and have seen there brand new 2014 1000 for about $10500

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
It seems the popular consensus is, SON are bad. But with what I got for the GS I can buy the VStrom 1000 get some farkels from Touratech and still have plenty of cash left over. I'm waiting for a Quote from Asselstines. It seems Suzuki has some incentives till March 31st. I'll be checking the dealers out this weekend.
I'd still avoid them, I just couldn't trust them with my life... which is what you are doing with the person who works on your motorcycle. Read to many horror stories about there new bike setups.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I think I'll do a big circle with asselstines, HB cycle and Brampton. I'll see how hungry these guys are for a sale.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I'm in the market for a new bike as well and have been shopping around. There is a dealer in Belleville that has a demo model Vstrom 1000 with I believe around 3,000km on it.

I'm not ready to buy yet, i'll likely screw around until the 2014 deals are all gone then decide to wait another year LOL. I can't even make up my mind what bike I want :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in the market for a new bike as well and have been shopping around. There is a dealer in Belleville that has a demo model Vstrom 1000 with I believe around 3,000km on it.

I'm not ready to buy yet, i'll likely screw around until the 2014 deals are all gone then decide to wait another year LOL. I can't even make up my mind what bike I want :)

I feel for ya. But I need (want) a bike. The deals for the V are intoxicating. I need to seriously check them out and put in some low offers. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worst case scenario I bur a used KLR and toote around on that for the summer and fall.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I feel for ya. But I need (want) a bike. The deals for the V are intoxicating. I need to seriously check them out and put in some low offers. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worst case scenario I bur a used KLR and toote around on that for the summer and fall.
The Super Teneres are going for REALLY good deals right now. There is one in Trenton, On for 13.5k

Also a BMW F800GS for 14.5k with only 1200km in Toronto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Super Teneres are going for REALLY good deals right now. There is one in Trenton, On for 13.5k

Also a BMW F800GS for 14.5k with only 1200km in Toronto.
I wouldn't buy another BMW product ever again:headbang:. I've had two and both have let me down, are expensive to maintain, and repair. The hype of them being world touring bikes is a myth. Poor parts availability make this bike suspect if you ever need to make a repair while on a trip. That is unless like on the long way down you have two support vehicles with parts and a mechanic.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
lol well maybe the S10 is worth considering then?

13.5 really closes the price gap between it and the V2. at 15.5 it was out of my price range but now at 13 i'm starting to read more on them.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Another supporter of Brampton Powersports.
I bought a used one they had on their web site and got a good deal. The owner is very pro-customer.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If you are towards Super Tenere and willing to travel you can get them South of the border for about $8000 US. 2013 brand new!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
that's about 10k cdn. so still a significant savings. Not sure if its worth the travel and warranty though. Most items we buy in the USA have no warranty in Canada. Anyone know if thats true for motorcycles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suzuki of Brampton have some pretty good deals during winter months, but just today I was on Kijiji Quebec and have seen there brand new 2014 1000 for about $10500

They are selling it at cost, They must really want to clear the 2014 stuff out. $10,500 is what I offered S O N for a black one but they declined the offer. I'm in no hurry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts