1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Make that "SOLD" my 08 to a guy from Bar Harbor. Going to get him to sign up....
What is the fellow's name from Bar Harbor? I live on MDI too!

Barry

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Where you been hiding Barry? No more biking ??.........td

·
Registered
576 Posts
Uh, Dick............... He bought a '13!! I think that's what he rode to the campout at Mohawk, right Barry? No worries, he's still riding.
I'm meeting John O ( on the beemer at Mohawk ), and maybe Billy from NY for a weekend ride Aug 9,10,11. We're considering a ride to the northern most part of Maine, Fort Kent, just to see. But may consider other northern destinations. Either of you guys interested in meeting up? :) Ride safe.
gary

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ah, yes! Pete! I didn't THINK your name was Barry. Guess I just had a senior moment. :) Dick will probably totally understand me! lol :) Ride safe.
gary

·
Registered
471 Posts
Damn!! I'm already in Northern Maine at my camp but my bike is in Southern Maine 4 hrs away. Where are you going in Northern Maine ? Keep me posted. Are you camping ?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Dick!
Well we tossed the idea of Ft. Kent around ( y'know, northern most spot ), then decided it was too far for the amount of time we had. So, we've changed plans. Gonna visit Whitehorse Gear in Conway NH, then traipse the White Mountains with campouts on Sat and Sun nights. That's Aug 9,10,11. You gonna be anywhere near? Hope you're having a great summer! :)
Ride safe.
g

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I was home I'd love to hook up with you guys. Whitehorse is only 20mi from my house, but I'm 200mi north of there right now. Maybe next time. Enjoy your trip. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dick!
Well we tossed the idea of Ft. Kent around ( y'know, northern most spot ), then decided it was too far for the amount of time we had. So, we've changed plans. Gonna visit Whitehorse Gear in Conway NH, then traipse the White Mountains with campouts on Sat and Sun nights. That's Aug 9,10,11. You gonna be anywhere near? Hope you're having a great summer! :)
Ride safe.
g
Hey Gary,

I'll be around this weekend if you need a tour guide or camping recommendations in the Bethel, Maine region. If my new helmet comes in I may join you at Whitehorse!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Pete! I don't think we're going to be crossing over the Maine border. Though, our plans aren't solidified and won't be till we all meet up for coffee mid morning on Saturday at John & Kate's Stillwater Farm in Corinth, VT sometime mid morning Saturday. I'd like to visit Whitehorse, then find a camping spot from there. I had a nice camp out at, I think it's White Lake State Park in NH one year. So, I'm guessing we'll make it to Whitehorse sometime mid afternoon. I'll PM you my cell # so we can touch base if you think you're gonna catch up with us. Thus far, for sure, it's just me, Bill ( FDNY ), and John. BabaAus can't make it; and I haven't heard a definite yea or nay from BeemerJim ( older KLR, both bike and rider!) yet. BigMan can't make it either. Hope to see you! Ride safe.
:)
gary

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Pete (Tnkrplt)...me has the Blue 13. Last I heard Barry had a KLR and was spending his time refurbishing his sailboat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes, this is correct info. I have "retired" from long distance riding, and I want to explore other adventures.

B.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Enjoy your ride!

Barry, whatever you are doing, and wherever you ride,
I know you are having a lot of fun, and I look forward to
the next time I see you.

I hope to make a brief visit to New England in the spring of 2015,
because there is a fellow in Ontario whose Strom has taken him to
all ten provinces and 42 states, which is one more state than my
2006 Wee-Strom, Colorado, has taken me.

OK, I hope to visit CT, RI, and MA northbound in late April,
or else MA, RI, and CT southbound in early May.

That will make 44, leaving SD, OR, CA, and NV for my future,
and Alaska for somebody else!

So I will be in touch when Daylight Saving Time returns.

Best wishes,
Keith

1 - 15 of 15 Posts