Strom Trooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I found a great temperature gage thats solar pwd with AAA battery backup. It's about 4.5" long by 1"high and 1/2 thick with a 4 foot cable that ends with a metal sensor. It has C or F settings and is good from -58F to +150F It's made by COOPER- ATKINS model # SP160. A lot of places sell it but I bought mine for $27 from Amazon Prime two day free shipping if your a member. I mounted it on my K12 DL1000 using the little 1"ish shelf created by the difference between the stock handle bar mount and my 1" up 1" back bar backs. I used sticky backed Velcro for the gage and zip ties for the cabling making sure the extra (2' un-needed) cable was neatly zipped and hidden out of site. I kept the sensor tip in fresh air (not behind any fairing) so I could get a chill factor air temp reading while riding. On Feb 14- 2015 I did a 150 ride 85F in Ojai California ( sorry north people) 64F in the mountains. It changes about every 30 sec if the temp changes. Works great so far. I'm not sure if it's water proof but I plan to rub a little silicone on any of the seams. Besides it never rains in California, at least not lately. Jim in Ojai:thumbup:

Cooper Atkins Rectangular Black Solar Panel Thermometer - SP160

1 - 1 of 1 Posts