StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for a couple of months I finally found what I was looking for at good price. I bought two of the medium size and they fit perfect. One for the tail with camping gear and one for the seat with dry materials. They are now on sale at Scheels and if you go to the store and fill out a credit card app than you get an additional 20%. Two of the mediums cost me like 31.00. Just thought I would pass it along in case someone is interested.

Scheels Outfitters® Boat Bag 847309-SBBB-Y2

Scheels Outfitters® Boat Bag | Scheels Outfitters Fishing Bags | Fishing | Scheels Outfitters | Scheels

Scheels Outfitters® Boat Bag Description
This is not your father's boat bag. It's made with heavy-duty water resistant PVC tarpaulin construction to keep all your gear safe from the elements. The over-sized top flap help keeps water off the zipper and out of the bag. It features two exterior mesh pockets for keeping your wet gear separate. The waterproof molded bottom will also protect any delicate items you bring along on your expedition.

Feature:
Heavy duty water resistant PVC tarpaulin construction
Waterproof molded bottom
Removable padded shoulder strap
EVA foam padded carry handles
2 mesh outside pockets, 1 mesh inside pocket
Large padded shoulder strap
Over-sized zipper pulls
2 Plastic D-Rings on the front
Dimensions:
Small: 18"x10"x10"
Medium: 24"x12"x12"
Large: 30"x14"x14"

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Scheels Outfitters® Boat Bag
Good bag for a good price, but I wouldn't trust it being water proof while riding in a rainstorm. Most marine bags are rated 1-5, whith 5 being it can be submerged for x time at x depth and remain water proof. I didn't see a rating on this bag though. Still, a good bag if you don't travel in the rain much.
Many "boat bags" are made to withstand the sloshing of water on the deck so they are waterproof on the bottom, but only water resistant on the top as that is not their primary function.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Looks like a cheap (pricewise, not quality) bag for carrying a tent, maybe cooking utensils, tarp, tool bag, etc........that does not hurt if it gets alittle wet. Not sure I would trust putting my sleeping bag in there unless they specifically stated "Waterproof".......as some other products do (Wolfman bags, Twisted Throttle's bags, etc.........at 4 times the price).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts