StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With with availability so limited right now and me wanting to hit the road in the next month or so, plus with the high cost of hard stuff, I am pondering this route. Had a new 1200 Bandit in 06

and soft bag served me adequately.
With the new total weatherproof and highly vis types out there, I am even more attracted. And with the V2 having a low slung can, heat burn is not an issue.

And...Is there any reason something like this would not fit the V2?
http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/productpage.aspx?productid=8878

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm using Rev-Pac Expeditions on my Vstrom. I like them better than hard cases

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Motopak luggage

Great value. redlinemotoparts.com available in Canada.
I used soft bags for a couple of years and then sold them for nearly the same price.
My 3rd and best tankbag is a Mototpak GT-MINI expandable is great.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
With with availability so limited right now and me wanting to hit the road in the next month or so, plus with the high cost of hard stuff, I am pondering this route. Had a new 1200 Bandit in 06 and soft bag served me adequately.
With the new total weatherproof and highly vis types out there, I am even more attracted. And with the V2 having a low slung can, heat burn is not an issue.

And...Is there any reason something like this would not fit the V2?
Product - A Vicious Cycle
It looks to me like the hardware is bike specific, so I doubt it would fit the Vee2. Also, if I am reading it correctly, the price is crazy. I am sure there are soft bags for much less that attach via strapping.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did not realize there was hardware involved. One of the reasons for going with the soft bags would be to eliminate hardware and thus, the extra cost. Altho, it looks like the Dakar comes with the hardware mounts.
The Rev-Pacs look like they would work and the price is real right. Picture http://www.revpack.com/saddlepacks-super-deluxe/ them on a twin can, high mount V (I think) so they must be well shielded.

·
Vendor
5,423 Posts
I was just about to start a new thread "UH-Oh, my Nelson Riggs CL-850s don't fit my new DL1000" when I saw this thread.

The upswept pipe looks like it going to need a sport bike like pair of saddle bags. I was planning on using the Nelson Riggs cross country until Mounting Pelicans.

Here's hoping the SW Motech removable racks allow the bags to clear the pipe.

·
Vendor
5,423 Posts
I was just about to start a new thread "UH-Oh, my Nelson Riggs CL-850s don't fit my new DL1000" when I saw this thread.

The upswept pipe looks like it going to need a sport bike like pair of saddle bags. I was planning on using the Nelson Riggs cross country until Mounting Pelicans.

Here's hoping the SW Motech removable racks allow the bags to clear the pipe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use Givi soft bags. They were only 99.00 and expand and have rain covers. I recently bought racks (model specific) from Precision Motorcycle Racks for 83.00 + ship. So 200.00 and I'm set. Give them a look, I'm pleased

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, are u riding a 2014 V2? Can I see some pics? I'm only seeing older Wee stuff on their site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts