StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an idea guys, seems like lots of us travel around our great country, and thru the states, on our stroms, so why not have a list of people who would be willing to put a fellow biker up for the night on his/her travels?

I'll be first...

Just West of Toronto, have a comfy sofa for the night... Only stipulation is A) you're not a freak :yikes: and B) I'm not away for work!

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
"you're not a freak"

That's gonna eliminate a lot of us.
The BMW Nat'l club had a book of address of folks who would help in a pinch, provide a room or tools or a tow, etc.
I had one freak...guy had to have a special oil.
All the fellers I've met on Wee's so far have been pleasant sorts.
I'm up for my listing if it exists. Meeting new folks is usually a pleasure.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I dont have room for a sleeping spot (and two teenage daughters), sorry rather be safe than sorry. But I do have spots to camp including a tent and a long extension cord, fan, heater etc. And most any kind of tool. And within a reasonable distance I have a trailer if anyone ever breaks down and needs a haul. Anywhere between say Lexington Ky and Knoxville Tn. Work permitting.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Hey Keith, I'm freezing my ass off up here, can you put me up until Memorial Day? You see where I am.:hurray:
Of course I can. Bring Barry with you. :)

(originally the message ended here.)

I have a Kennebunkport story for you. I saw a very lyrical and elegant piece of graffiti there.
I visited a washroom, and found the solitary stall to be a very VERY cramped affair. I am not
a large person, but I hardly had room to complete my mission. While I was doing that, I saw
this poem written on the door.

The toilets they have in this place
Were designed by a strange midget race
If you're using the seat
And you're over five feet,
You must perch with your knees in your face.

I must admit a lot of affection for Maine. I bought my brand new Wee-Strom in Florida in March 2006,
and in June I rode it all the way to an ocean. Yup, I saw the Pacific Ocean at Point Roberts, Washington.
Next year, I rode it all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, which I saw in Belfast, Maine.

And now back to the original purpose of this thread, publication of hospitable Stromtroopers across North America.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Google Maps... "Mineville, Nova Scotia" -> 1 acre lot, shop with all required tools, hot showers and laundry, lots of camping space...camp fires and lobster boils subject to prior notice and weather :)

Craig

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google Maps... "Mineville, Nova Scotia" -> 1 acre lot, shop with all required tools, hot showers and laundry, lots of camping space...camp fires and lobster boils subject to prior notice and weather :)

Craig
Craig,

Not sure if I spare the time to make the drive, but next time I lay over in Halifax I'll let ya know....maybe grab a beer, or a lobster boil :hurray: lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds good! ... I might take you up on your couch when I am up this June...going to Friday the 13th at Dover as an excuse to go home for a visit and a 2 week solo road trip :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts