StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time for a ride and a meet and greet

WHERE: Grey Gum Café - (about 80ish k's from Windsor on the Putty Rd )
Welcome to the Grey Gum Cafe - Contact Us

for those with a GPS Co-ordinates are 33.030508 S 150.673544 E or 33 01 50 S 150 40 25 E

TIME 10.30/1100 am

I will be meeting Astrobob at Jerry's Cafe, Kulnura if other want to ride with us from there - 0700 RTR

attendees
Muddy
Astro
Ock ??
Stetch49 ??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Will have to miss that one as we will be away for a 4 day weekend.... but my pick for best food would be Wisemans Ferry, usually has a local musician at lunchtime on the weekends.
My winner for bike friendliness the Grey Gum Cafe on Putty has free visor wipes + magazines and free camping plus friendly owners
Another venue suggestion is the Pie in the Sky on the old pacific hwy near Cowan, for the old pacific hwy run via Brooklyn.
Hope the weather is good that weekend.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I might be in for that.

Going to try to do the Pink Ribbon Ride on the 23rd. so I may not be popular if I do the two days. :headbang:

Might be able to drag along a couple of new Strommers and a couple of KLR guys if you don't mind "mixed" company on the Saturday Muddy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey Muddy, I'm up for the ride, Grey Gums sounds like a go:yesnod:

See you where ever we end up.

:cheers2:

P.S. Ocker in Pink Ribbons, now that would be a sight :jawdrop:, not unexpected, but a sight indeed :biggrinjester::green_lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im a definate maybe for this too.
A few little issues to finish on the boys 675 after the weekends very succesful meeting at Wakefield.
Nothing to major, just making sure everything is in A1 condition for the last round at The Creek in 4 weeks to defend his 2 outright Championships leads.!!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might be in for that.

Going to try to do the Pink Ribbon Ride on the 23rd. so I may not be popular if I do the two days. :headbang:

Might be able to drag along a couple of new Strommers and a couple of KLR guys if you don't mind "mixed" company on the Saturday Muddy.
KLr's are welcome,

to sit at there own table, :mrgreen:(just kidding OCk)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Muddy, I'm a possibility if I can get some jobs cleared that have been delayed by rain. Which way will you be coming from? Via McGraths? and do a round trip?

Saturn 5.....a little kero, a little liquid oxygen, up up and away!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Grey Gums has had many good comments in the circles I've travelled in lately.

Might have to fight the Ulysses Harley riders for a seat though :green_lol:

I'm happy to go elsewhere if it is too far for you Muddy.

Maybe some from the south end can meet at McGrath's Hill Maccas and head up from there.
There may be some who try to "dirt track" it some of the way.
Comleroy road up over the Colo and on up to the Putty would be an option for those who want to taste easy dirt and see some good scenery.

I will try to google map the different route options before the day just to get an idea of the different travel times.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes will be a big day about 3'40 from Jerry's (Kulnura) + about another hour from Home to Jerry's.
Which I dont mind, but I'll come home via the Putty to Broke which is only about 2 1/2 hours, but that leaves Astro with a trek home by Myself :confused:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Muddy, I'm a possibility if I can get some jobs cleared that have been delayed by rain. Which way will you be coming from? Via McGraths? and do a round trip?

Saturn 5.....a little kero, a little liquid oxygen, up up and away!
No Wardy, will probably meet Astro at Jerry's, then St Albans, Wheelbarrow Ridge, Colo Heights and up the Putty.

Home up the Putty to Broke, the Cessnock, Mulbring and Home

·
Registered
527 Posts
yes will be a big day about 3'40 from Jerry's (Kulnura) + about another hour from Home to Jerry's.
Which I dont mind, but I'll come home via the Putty to Broke which is only about 2 1/2 hours, but that leaves Astro with a trek home by Myself :confused:
Broke always seems to be the last stop before heading off home in different directions. Still looks like a good ride, hope the weather plays nice!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Broke always seems to be the last stop before heading off home in different directions. Still looks like a good ride, hope the weather plays nice!

yeah your right Bob always seem to end a ride there

couple of options to get home from the Grey Gum

up the Putty to Broke and play in the twisties, about 80ks.

or turn of the Putty onto Howes Trail and do the 47 ks of Dirt (its definitely not a graded gravel rd :yikes::mrgreen:) past Finchley Trig/Lookout to Laguna, about 76 ks

·
Registered
248 Posts
What time will you be meeting and where? I have to get there from Wollongong and have a wedding the night before, but will try to make it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Grey Gums

Muddy; Probably wont make it now, a long planned helicopter trip to Flinders Ranges ( I'm navigator) has been brought forward one week and will now be leaving early Sund. 23rd subject to weather. This is a boys own type trip and is firmly on my bucket list. Another on the list is another trip to the Flinders by M/cycle next year. The first bike trip was interrupted by me having a spill during a wild sand storm which left me with 3 broken ribs and a compression fracture of a vertibrae and a painful 5 day ride home. So this is a kind of unfinished business thing. I will let you know if there is a change to plans. Sorry if I pull out as I look forward to these outings.

Cheers

Saturn 5

·
Registered
186 Posts
Will Try

Hope I can make it can't confirm now with a 7 and 1/2 months pregnant wife.

Might just go and give you guys a hug and come back home> I really want to meet the clan hehehe. Don't want to get the "LOOK" back home :argue:

let's pray for good weather :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Thanks MUDRAT !!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Up and back will see me on the Wee.

If I decide to go across the Howes Trail with you guys I will bring the KLR instead [I've done it in the 4WD so know I'd feel less concerned if I dropped the KLR :mrgreen: ].

·
Registered
456 Posts
Up and back will see me on the Wee.

If I decide to go across the Howes Trail with you guys I will bring the KLR instead [I've done it in the 4WD so know I'd feel less concerned if I dropped the KLR :mrgreen: ].

Hi Ock,

Im 75% doing this and will confirm closer to the date. How about a tentative meet at McGarths Hill Maccas at around 9.00am??

I have done the Howes on my old Wee about 5 years ago, not to bad then!

Stretch

1 - 20 of 69 Posts