StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Long Beach

Hi from Long Beach, where the sewer meets the sea!

I just bought a liter 'strom. Second bike right now, the other being a klr650. Been riding all my life, and am looking forward to riding with some of you! Just be patient, old age has slowed me a bit!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better to ride a little slow than get a ticket like I did last weekend at Anza-Borrego:headbang:

Once we get the members established we should think about trying to find a route that works for the majority and move from there.

Thanks for joining:yesnod:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm from Lomita.
I organize for the "South Bay Motorcycle Riders" group on meetup.com.
Last Sunday we had a dozen bikes and we all rode to Neptune's near Zuma and then to the rock store.
It's free to join the club, and I usually schedule a ride a month, or more.
I would like to get some stroms in the group.
Our clubs could perhaps overlap a bit eh?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I'm from Lomita.
I organize for the "South Bay Motorcycle Riders" group on meetup.com.
Last Sunday we had a dozen bikes and we all rode to Neptune's near Zuma and then to the rock store.
It's free to join the club, and I usually schedule a ride a month, or more.
I would like to get some stroms in the group.
Our clubs could perhaps overlap a bit eh?
I'm game! My work schedule is weird on occasion, but if not working am always up for a ride!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have signed up as well, but what good does it do? Is there some private group that we can post to? Automatic email notifications? What?

I am in Orange County and am up for a reasonably short ride, <200 miles.

David

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good to me too!

I think its still beneficial to maintain a list of V-Stroms in SoCal here though so people on the website know who's local to speak/ride/talk too as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not to hijack your thread Jayhawk, but I thought I would give you all the link to join the meetup group I run.
It is free!
And its a great way to meet fellow riders.

http://www.meetup.com/southbayriders/

Hope you don't mind. We have 200 members already, but a few Stroms wont hurt!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have signed up as well, but what good does it do? Is there some private group that we can post to? Automatic email notifications? What?

I am in Orange County and am up for a reasonably short ride, <200 miles.

David
look under Community up on the tool bar... go to Social Groups and look for SoCal Stromers... that's a message board SoCal rider specific

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great idea to link up to the South Bay Motorcycle group. We should be able to figure out some rides ourselves, but we can piggyback on some of the great charity rides and post here as well.

:hurray:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts