StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A SoCal Stroms group is looking to put together a meet and greet for 3/13... or for subsequent weekends if there's interest... we're thinking about a camping site so people can come from anywhere and camp (to save $$) if they want or they can just stop by to meet other riders...

here's one plan (feel free to chime in) ... find a reasonable campsite centrally located... have a time window for the meet... say 11-1... set up a BBQ pit so people can bring burgers or whatever food they want... then riders can come from any direction and meet... riders can also have earlier meet spots from N, S, E, W... so some riders can meet and ride to the spot... then we can plan a group ride from there... I know many don't camp and may just want to stop by for the meet or stay in hotels... the point is to get a group together as early in the season to start planning rides... dates are flexible and don't have to be just once... they can be whenever and wherever...

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
That sounds great! Too bad for me I'm getting a Root Canal at 1:00 on that day. So many things I'd rather be doing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rough on the root canal... perhaps we'll have another date... doesn't seem like a lot of interest though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll be there, not to camp but I'll ride to where everyone meets. I'm always looking to ride...

Roger

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'll be there, not to camp but I'll ride to where everyone meets
Thinking the same thing. Just kind of watching to see how the ride develops and where the meet up place ends up being.

Jim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I'm thinking either Ronald Caspers Wilderness Park or Upper San Juan Campground... both are on Ortega Highway between I-5 and Lake Elsinore... stopped by both last weekend to check out... Caspers is definitely a nicer campground but there is a manned gate and entrance fee... San Juan is just a side of the road campground a few miles east of Caspers and may be a good meet spot. There is a $5 day use fee per vehicle, but if we're not staying I wouldn't imagine having to pay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, that makes it easy, I'm 10 minutes from Caspers....now that's what I call a short ride...:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
weatherman man says another storm is supposed to move in on Wednesday just after this weekends storm. So that may be an issue for camping.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Are we still doing the ride a week later on the 21rst?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Meet and greet March 13

Cannyv2k:

I can meet you guys a week from Sat. Either Caspers or San Juan CG are fine with me. I live in S Orange County, so Ortega Hwy is an easy ride for me.

The days are getting longer and the temps higher, so I am up for a camping trip as well. Prefer middle of the week as my wife still works.

David

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Im up for it, however I have an event I cant miss the 13th. Maybe if you choose another date!!??
There will be others... I like to ride every week as I'm sure others do...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that makes it easy, I'm 10 minutes from Caspers....now that's what I call a short ride...:mrgreen:
I'm thinking meet there and ride to Julian or Palomar... or both...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cannyv2k:

I can meet you guys a week from Sat. Either Caspers or San Juan CG are fine with me. I live in S Orange County, so Ortega Hwy is an easy ride for me.

The days are getting longer and the temps higher, so I am up for a camping trip as well. Prefer middle of the week as my wife still works.

David
Cool... so it seems we have 3 maybe 4 stroms for Saturday the 13th?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meet & Greet

Saturday March 13th 11am at the Upper San Juan Campground... from there we'll head over to Palomar Mtn and maybe Julian if time permits... I will be coming from Santa Monica area and leaving at 8am... anyone from the LA area wanna hook up for the ride down send a PM... I will be bringing camping equipment and returning Sunday... let me know if anyone wants to do food at the meet spot or meet earlier than 11...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be there but not on to Palomar

Canyv2k:

I will be there at the San Juan Campground to meet you guys, hang out a bit but I can't stay to go to Palomar. I have family visiting and can't stay away that long.

David

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Well, if you are heading to Julian, it sounds like you might be heading my way. I would be glad to connect up for the Julian leg. Or if you decide to go a different direction, I will stop by your campground to say hello and make that my destination.

Jim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Canyv2k:

I will be there at the San Juan Campground to meet you guys, hang out a bit but I can't stay to go to Palomar. I have family visiting and can't stay away that long.

David
great... see you there

1 - 20 of 51 Posts