StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We headed out today for a desert run. Real windy but fun nevertheless.

I ran out of Alpine, through Ramona, Santa Ysabel, towards Warner Springs down S2, then 78, 86 to Westmorland, 86 down to El Centro and then home!

275 miles...

The track:

Black Beauty ready to roll:

Jim's KLR and my bike - John was getting gas (TW200) so I missed him:

Self portrait running down 79... Cold!

Looking North off S2:

John and Jim leading the way:

The bikes at Slot Canyon:

And now a string of shots from Slot Canyon:

One with Jim:

Back on the road heading to the Mud Pots:

The Mud Pots!

That's it folks! Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice pics. I put 10,000 miles on a TW200 before finally moving up to a DR350. I know that that top end of the TW is right at 65 mph with the engine screaming, so either you waited a lot for your buddy or rode at a "scenic" pace.

Thanks for posting up.
Tim

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice pics. I put 10,000 miles on a TW200 before finally moving up to a DR350. I know that that top end of the TW is right at 65 mph with the engine screaming, so either you waited a lot for your buddy or rode at a "scenic" pace.

Thanks for posting up.
Tim
Scenic pace... 55-60 mph all day... 64mpg on the Wee... ;)

I love the TW... Once did over 600 miles in one day on her...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575280

·
Registered
9 Posts
RE:Socal

Nice ride Warren. When the weather is nicer I prefer the route through Warner Springs up into idylwild and back down through Temecula 15 home?

64mpg...........:hurray:

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ride Warren. When the weather is nicer I prefer the route through Warner Springs up into idylwild and back down through Temecula 15 home?

64mpg...........:hurray:

Thanks for sharing
Yup - That's a nice ride!

I usually do that ride a few times a year but also swing up to Big Bear for lunch... :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a great ride. From 7000 ft (more or less - I think) and big pine trees around Alpine to next to 0 ft at the Salton Sea and hard core desert. Not many places in this country you can do that on a day trip. Also good food and a place to stay in Julian or Warner Springs if you want to make it a leasurely two days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts