StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a rider willing to take the Vstrom Cache this up coming weekend Jan. 18-20th:confused:
Anyone available to get this thing moving again?
Its been in Vegas Too Long and has lost all its money in the slots:biggrinjester:
Come on Help and Meet a Trooper:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
I was just pondering a half way with Vegas. Looks like Harvard Rd on 15. The temps during the week don't look too bad. Can't leave the re-cooperating wife alone too long. Taking the car seems like a travesty.
Whateryer hours? Anything during the week?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Friday would be the only Weekday I could get out.
How about we meet in Barstow at the Route 66 Museum?
Barstow Route 66 Mother Road Museum
Little closer for you, but something interesting for the hand off pic!
Mike

I was just pondering a half way with Vegas. Looks like Harvard Rd on 15. The temps during the week don't look too bad. Can't leave the re-cooperating wife alone too long. Taking the car seems like a travesty.
Whateryer hours? Anything during the week?

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
Oh, dah Harvey House. I'm been looking at that place since the 60's Never been in . What time? I was thinking about Peggy Sue's but didn't want to have you go closer LA than you had to!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about Hi-Noon on Friday?
Im not sure how far you are out from Barstow:confused:
Mike

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
High noon, OK Sheriff.
I'm a mind numbing 110 miles from Bar Stool. I can take old 66 getting there for the historic ride.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will see you on Friday then:thumbup:
It was the Museum or Calico on my list for Friday, havent been to either one.
Mike

High noon, OK Sheriff.
I'm a mind numbing 110 miles from Bar Stool. I can take old 66 getting there for the historic ride.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This is an exciting development! :hurray: Best of luck in making this happen. I hope that the cache can now move a little quicker in the SoCal area.

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
Ain't going no where in So Cal. I'm going to bury it in a redevelopment in Temple City...never to be seen again.
Oh, I didn't say that.
Actually might be a chance to send it either north or south from LA.
Mothers at Palomar or somewhere like Tehachapi to Santa Maria to the North?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will rename it the Hoffa Cache!
Mike
Ain't going no where in So Cal. I'm going to bury it in a redevelopment in Temple City...never to be seen again.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That would be very bad karma. The last guy to bury the cache was never heard from again! :mod2_hang: The good news is that passing the cache brings good karma.:mod2_yinyang:

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
Satch, I'll see you in Hell! I mean Panguitch and you can find a hidey hole for it!
But not for a while. I'se seen the temps in Panguitch.
Frankly I don't unnerstand the principle of the Cache but Hotwheeler will enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Satch, I'll see you in Hell! I mean Panguitch and you can find a hidey hole for it!
But not for a while. I'se seen the temps in Panguitch.
Frankly I don't unnerstand the principle of the Cache but Hotwheeler will enlighten me.
Cache is really a misnomer. It's a carry-over from geocaching, but that's not really what we're doing. It's more of a baton that you pass along-- like in a relay. The first "cache" game went well for over a year and traveled many miles. Every rider who carried the cache and passed it off experienced unexplained good luck in his life. Sadly, the last guy who received it didn't pass it along to anyone else and the game abruptly ended. Both the cache and the guy just vanished. :confused:

Legend has it that he traded his V-Strom for a Harley from a guy in Texas. He failed to pass the cache box off to the lucky new V-Strom owner. While riding the Harley back home it crapped out on a lonely desert highway and he succumbed to the elements while waiting for H.O.G. Roadside Assistance to come rescue him. The vultures ate his flesh and pooped on his dew rag. One of the vultures carried the cache box away and dropped it in a river where it floated to the ocean and is currently resting on a beach somewhere waiting to be found. If the lucky person who finds it returns it to it's origin, his life will forever be filled with good fortune! :bom_crowngrin:

Don't let the vultures eat your flesh and poop on your dew rag.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Legend has it that he traded his V-Strom for a Harley from a guy in Texas. He failed to pass the cache box off to the lucky new V-Strom owner. While riding the Harley back home it crapped out on a lonely desert highway and he succumbed to the elements while waiting for H.O.G. Roadside Assistance to come rescue him. The vultures ate his flesh and pooped on his dew rag. One of the vultures carried the cache box away and dropped it in a river where it floated to the ocean and is currently resting on a beach somewhere waiting to be found. If the lucky person who finds it returns it to it's origin, his life will forever be filled with good fortune! :bom_crowngrin:

Don't let the vultures eat your flesh and poop on your dew rag.
In other words, 'He cached it in."

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
I can see now that this undertaking is an awesome responsibility. Maybe I'll just keep it on the bike and deposit it on the next parked Strom I see. Unsuspecting bugger will be blessed or cursed by what he does next!:green_lol:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It might be fun to start a game where you leave it and they have to move it.
But it would fall apart real quick.
My home town in Oregon does a game with pink flamingoes.
If you wake up with them in your yard you pay a fee to the city to have them moved to whoever you choose and everyone has a good time with it.
It raises money for the city celebration each year of which they build a classic muscle car and raffle it off.
But I see some one being a butthead and judt throwing it away if we did it, but would be fun:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
14,443 Posts
I read the distructions. I keep what's in the box and put a treasure for the next guy. I'll go see what the cat has done behind the house!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going through my bike and getting ready to go meet Notacop and realize we never did the official handoff from Swany300 to myself.:headbang:
Will swing into work and get a pic.
Looks like its going to be a Beautiful Day:hurray:
Cache ready to go:

Vstrom Cache by kukuinvegas, on Flickr
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts