StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get some feedback on who is up for a weekend California getaway? My first thought that came to mind was either a Kings Canyon campout or a meetup in a coastal town like Morro Bay. Something where the Socal guys and Norcal Guys can meet up and even some Nevada and Arizona people can meet. Just trying to gauge time and interest right now. I need to get away.:furious:

Let me know your thoughts, times, feedback, andy any preferences. Maybe we can get a good ole fashoned west coast Vstrom meetup going.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds good to me . Most anywhere would be fine. Sierra's might be fun, but that's cuz I live on the coast.. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I'm interested. Both places you mentioned are quite far from me considering I'm from the Los Angeles area. I takes a full day to get to either. But whatever sounds good.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I might be interested. I think Morro Bay is about 300 miles from me. Not sure I would have another mile left in me by the time I got there, but was considering doing a coastal ride some time this summer anyway. I have never gone north of Huntington Beach on a bike and usually make San Diego my destination when heading to the beach. I will watch this thread and see if it grows legs.

Jim

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it seems like we have some people interested. Are most people here mroe inclined toward cheap motels or camping? Nice thing about Morro Bay is there is both and lots of options for meals. Its one of my favorite riding destinations.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I might be up for a Morro Bay run, as I've done it before from Santa Cruz and back. Nice town. As you've said, camping OR motels.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
dorst campground in kings canyon is the best for wildlife viewing. It's my favorite in the Sierra's.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to not get back to this idea for a bit. I have been pretty busy. I will work on putting something together but if someone has the desire to take the lead on this, let me know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am heading up to ride sonora pass for the first time on june 26 since it will be 575 miles round trip I will be camping over night somewhere up on ebbetts pass. any suggestions...

·
Registered
178 Posts
i would love to join you guys for tomorrows ride. however, it is my weekend to have the kids. I am going to feel like a chained dog left on the porch.. Have a great ride.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, after my adventure over sonora pass up to monitor pass and down ebbitts I realize how fortunate we are to have the sierra passes in our backyard... I met people on my journey who traveled across the country with the sole intention to ride these treasures..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts