StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
yes, I have seen that already befor. I think it is an DL 1000... I have compared this two bikes and I haven't seen much differences, only very slightly ones. I don't think that Suzuki will place a DL 650 with almost the same design. It has to be a different, so that everyone can see: "that's the small one!!!"

grüessli

yob

W

·
0 Posts
At first glance, I'm inclined to agree, but taking a good look I see more than a few differences:

This one looks a lot less massive in the engine compartment than my 'Strom, and that's aside from the missing lower chin spoiler. The differences are readily apparent when you look at the exhaust header coming out of the forward cylinder. It could be just the point of view, but the more I compare the two, the more I think not.

Also the side of the engine at the crank on this one doesn't have the fancy beveled circular plate that the bigger strom has.

The rear footpeg and its bracket are painted black on this bike instead of being the natural aluminum color used on the DL1000.

From this perspective, it also looks like the headlight lens is a slightly different shape.

Also note that the black trim piece that runs under the seat forward onto the front fairing is completely different than the '03 'Strom. The one on this bike ends abbruptly at the rear air vent which is further back than my DL1000, which continues the line further forward on the fairing.

It could be a customized DL1000, but my hunch is it's either a real or pre-production DL650.

S

·
0 Posts
It's the real DL 650!

Go to www.moto-station.com It's a french website like motorcycledaily.
The advertisement picture is there. It has a adjustable windshield!

St-Germain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts