StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
394 Posts
I hear dat!!! Here in Sask my plates for a year for my 2009 - 650 is over $1500 a year. 1/3 the total value of my bike? The guy I bought it off of was from Cold Lake Alberta and his insurance was $200? Now how is that fair and yes they are talking about raising the motorcycle rates again! What is yours worth Kore?
Double YIKES!! License in MN is $19.25 each for the Strom and the Wing in MN. Insurance is next to nothing added on the Wing policy (full coverage plus trailer coverage under $200/yr.)
There would be no motorcycles in the garage/shed with those kind of rates.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Mine is spoiled and not getting anything. Nice garage, new stuff all year. :cool:

Have chain and sprocket though here pretty soon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just picked up a set of Outback Motortek crash bars and skid plate for my 2013 650. Second hand, but there isn't a mark on them. Now all I need is for work to lighten up so I can get some garage time...

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's hard to say what will happen in the garage between now and Christmas. I am waiting for a set of Ohlins to come back from a rebuild but I hope they get here before Christmas.

Yikes 15 hundy for plates :oops: I guess free healthcare isn't free after all. Here in Pennsylvania a registration is $18 a year and the cheapest insurance policy is $75 a year that basically makes you legal to ride.

If I have an antique bike (30 years and older) a one-time fee of $118 get you and antique registration/plate that never needs renewed.
So what about locking up our bikes and never use it for 30 years- and then get the antique plate and use a brand new bike lol - will we be around by that time? - oh damn wont work for me may be for younger guys ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wonder how many folks in my neck of the woods drive with NO Insurance? Lots, they really drive safer than grandma. Their accidents cost us dearly.My premiums include collision with un-insured drivers. They have nothing ,& nothing to lose.(wasn’t that a Bob Dylan lyric?).

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
So what about locking up our bikes and never use it for 30 years- and then get the antique plate and use a brand new bike lol - will we be around by that time? - oh damn wont work for me may be for younger guys ...
Why not just buy a 30-year-old bike now instead of buying a new bike now and mothballing it until 2051? In either event when the time comes the bike will be 30 years old!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmmm not totally sure what Santa's going to bring but first on the list is the AdventureTech foot peg lowering kit. And one of Rich's solutions for mounting a GPS/phone. And if I've been really nice this year I might get an OEM Suzuki heated grips set. And if somehow I qualify for sainthood maybe even an SW-Motech crash bar, but I think my bank account would say that I've been a little bit too naughty this year for that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So to get back on topic these arrive tomorrow as an early Christmas gift.
Not related to the item but have you noticed how difficult to get rid of Aliexpress e mails? You block them then there is another mail from a diff. address then another and another woowowowo...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello all. Keeping with the season I was wondering what everyone is going to be buying for their V-Strom this year for Xmas. I just got my bike last year and I have been continually putting on accessories and doing mods to it since I got it and including while it sits in the garage during winter. So for this year Xmas gift I just bought it a new storage case that fits on the inside of the back left case bars. It's like this....

Its not for my 09 V-Strom but I will "MacGyver it" to make it work.

What is your bike getting?
Love this thread…bikes need presents too. My 2012 650 is getting a new set of Shad SH23 hard saddle bags and racks. After all gotta be able to get my beer home safe and sound.

·
Registered
2020 DL 650X, 2018 CRF250L
55 Posts
Not related to the item but have you noticed how difficult to get rid of Aliexpress e mails? You block them then there is another mail from a diff. address then another and another woowowowo...
Well lots of e-mails with shipping updates which I don't mind. And I never check prompts for newsletters, promotions, product announcements etc, etc, etc, Once delivered I unsubscribe from everything....seems to work.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts