StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Keeping with the season I was wondering what everyone is going to be buying for their V-Strom this year for Xmas. I just got my bike last year and I have been continually putting on accessories and doing mods to it since I got it and including while it sits in the garage during winter. So for this year Xmas gift I just bought it a new storage case that fits on the inside of the back left case bars. It's like this....

Its not for my 09 V-Strom but I will "MacGyver it" to make it work.

What is your bike getting?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Xmas was early for me this year. TPS, SH847 regulator, tires, Tuturo, oxford heated grips... honestly the list is longer but I'll stop there. Sorting through my new to me 07dl1000 with 40,000miles.

·
Registered
2005 V strom 1000
31 Posts
As for new parts for my 05 Vee, I will be adding SW Motech on/off road footpegs, they arrived yesterday and wife is making me wait till Xmas to put them on. That's probably all this year because she had a big year last Xmas with a new rear shock, fork springs, swingarm bearings (didn't really need them but while shock was off, why not.) Also Oxford heated grips, Galfer braided stainless front brake lines and fender extender. Then this summer upgraded to 4 piston front calipers. Yeah, those made a huge difference. Hope everyone has fun playing with their new toys Christmas morning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
437,000 miles??? Wow thats amazing and I hope I get half that far!! That's a great gift. I put dirt pegs on mine and I love it. Spreads the weight out more and better grip!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello all. Keeping with the season I was wondering what everyone is going to be buying for their V-Strom this year for Xmas. I just got my bike last year and I have been continually putting on accessories and doing mods to it since I got it and including while it sits in the garage during winter. So for this year Xmas gift I just bought it a new storage case that fits on the inside of the back left case bars. It's like this....

Its not for my 09 V-Strom but I will "MacGyver it" to make it work.

What is your bike getting?

I actually ordered these things and I am waiting for them to come on the slow boat. maybe get them in FEB/March. lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it does take a while but oh well. I woul be surprised if mine came in by the end of January but I cant ride until May anyway so kind of works out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear dat!!! Here in Sask my plates for a year for my 2009 - 650 is over $1500 a year. 1/3 the total value of my bike? The guy I bought it off of was from Cold Lake Alberta and his insurance was $200? Now how is that fair and yes they are talking about raising the motorcycle rates again! What is yours worth Kore?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here in Sask my plates for a year for my 2009 - 650 is over $1500 a year
holy crap, just goes to show, no matter how bad you think you've got it there's always somewhere worse..... but I wouldn't have thought it would be Saskatchewan.

so much for encouraging people to reduce their "carbon footprint"

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
It's hard to say what will happen in the garage between now and Christmas. I am waiting for a set of Ohlins to come back from a rebuild but I hope they get here before Christmas.

I hear dat!!! Here in Sask my plates for a year for my 2009 - 650 is over $1500 a year. 1/3 the total value of my bike? The guy I bought it off of was from Cold Lake Alberta and his insurance was $200? Now how is that fair and yes they are talking about raising the motorcycle rates again! What is yours worth Kore?
Yikes 15 hundy for plates :oops: I guess free healthcare isn't free after all. Here in Pennsylvania a registration is $18 a year and the cheapest insurance policy is $75 a year that basically makes you legal to ride.

If I have an antique bike (30 years and older) a one-time fee of $118 get you and antique registration/plate that never needs renewed.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts