StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well something about this bike just had me. I went for test ride, and basically after that it was a done deal....it was coming home! lol :smile2:

Exceptional comfort / handling with awesome torque - and personally I think its damn sexy.

Couple questions - Just want to confirm others are experiencing the same thing....

#1. I can see how this bike does not like to be under a heavy load under 2500-3k RPM.... Maybe im a little hyper sensitive ( always been anal about my bikes) but, The motor Vibrates a lot under that RPM, and just doesn't feel like its a good thing to load it up heavy down there. You guys notice that? perhaps thats why it rattles the clutch basket apart faster on some bikes then others...how its ridden.

#2 (Very rarely) if I blip the throttle at idle it will hesitate and cough/spit (slightly) much like the old single cylinder 4 stroke dirt bikes did, but to a much lesser degree. Im thinking this is normal because of the nature of V-twins, and just wanted to confirm with you folks.

Check her out....Aint she pretty ? :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Very nice and your Vee is doing what Vee's do.
Google clutch rattle in the box at the top of the page and look into throttle body adjustments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen. Riding this bike is effortless. I can accelerate hard through corners banked over leaving my harley buddies scratching there heads - its quite humorous....not so much to them though...you can see the envy on there faces :D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. Riding this bike is effortless. I can accelerate hard through corners banked over leaving my harley buddies scratching there heads - its quite humorous....not so much to them though...you can see the envy on there faces :D
That DL1000 will run circles around a lot of bikes.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like to keep my Big V above 3,500 rpm and mostly around 4,000 rpm. Better responsiveness and smoother ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I like to keep my Big V above 3,500 rpm and mostly around 4,000 rpm. Better responsiveness and smoother ride. :thumbup:

Yep, I ride it a gear lower than my 650 at similar speeds.

Those that complain about the 1000 being lumpy are riding at too low a RPM me thinks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice V !

As a recent new 2018 1000XT owner, as I've gotten to know the bike better every day, and every day it's just a great ride!

The 3500 to 4000, and even I'd say 4300rpm, are sweet spots.

The bike is great on curves and twistys, and outstanding at interstate speeds.

If spend too much time at lower rpms between red lights or on neighborhood roads you'll get the lower rpm rattle but that's normal and avoidable.

It doesn't like to putter around but get right up there! Safely of course.

It will get a low rattle at lower rpms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts