StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every-one,

It seems that the Stromtrooper forum is having a number of issues lately.

Lots of people on Facebook have said they have given up trying to become a member of this great site due to being locked out,not being able to log-on, not being able to make an account!

Admin/Moderators, do you guys have any idea whats going on??:confused:

I'm glad I'm not having trouble (yet) but forum members that were on her before me have decided not to bother anymore :crying2:

Cheers
Sharon

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
I see some complaints also and wonder if they are accessing from the phone or laptop or the big box desk computers?
I'm using Google Chrome on a desk set up and don't seem to have difficulties.
Don't know where I'd look on face book for info on a Strom site.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Some members were lost after a Verticalscope database hack. Members were sent emails to change their passwords and those who hadn't updated out of service email addresses had their passwords changed without their knowledge. I can supply temporary passwords given screen names and valid email addresses. I've just heard today of new members being locked out before they can even log on the first time and don't know how that can happen. Expect Administrator to chime in about that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have to chime in and say that I have never had a problem at all with this site since joining. But then, I only use the desk PC and not any of that other jangly-fangly stuff.:grin2:

Coops.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
I'm having a weird issue right now. I can't access my notifications, and no one's avatar is showing up in any of the posts. I also just found out that none of my photos in my photo albums are showing up.

This is occurring on my laptop, using both Firefox and Chrome. The site is working normally on my phone.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
After lots of times got on today with new handle and password. Posted a lot today and thought all was well till it shut me off on this and said I had not went in which I had? Hope it does ok as seems like a good bunch of riders not just owners.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
I'm having a weird issue right now. I can't access my notifications, and no one's avatar is showing up in any of the posts. I also just found out that none of my photos in my photo albums are showing up.

This is occurring on my laptop, using both Firefox and Chrome. The site is working normally on my phone.
I am having the exact same symptoms this morning. Yesterday all was good.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well, I'm afraid to post because, I haven't been having any problems at all using explorer, safari or Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am having the exact same symptoms this morning. Yesterday all was good.

Disable your adblocker for the site. I had to disable uBlock Origin to get the search and notification back

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Disable your adblocker for the site. I had to disable uBlock Origin to get the search and notification back
I tried that, with no success. I'm also using U-Block Origin.

This glitch happened like a switch was flipped this morning. Checked my "likes" notification with no problem, went back to check my "quotes" notification, and got diverted to the "new subscribed threads" page. Now, I can't access my notifications at all; if I have them (like I did when I just came back to this site), and click on them, I go to the "new subscribed threads" page. I can't see anyone's avatar, and I can't see any of the photos in my photo albums. The only way I can see my notifications is to access the site via my phone.

·
Registered
320 Posts

This glitch happened like a switch was flipped this morning. Checked my "likes" notification with no problem, went back to check my "quotes" notification, and got diverted to the "new subscribed threads" page. Now, I can't access my notifications at all; if I have them (like I did when I just came back to this site), and click on them, I go to the "new subscribed threads" page. I can't see anyone's avatar, and I can't see any of the photos in my photo albums. The only way I can see my notifications is to access the site via my phone.
Have you done a full reload of the site after disabling uBlock? I just clicked on the notification I got after you quoted my post and it worked.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts

The same for me except that "Your notifications" took my directly to "subscribed Threads". And I now notice that my "like" and smilies also do not work. Also the "Forums" drop down menu does not appear.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Oh I'm on Chrome, maybe that's why
I've tried Chrome too. Same problems on Chrome as on Firefox.

I take that back....I just opened an incognito window in Chrome and now I see the other members' avatars, and I can also see my photos in my photo albums again. Now the question is how to fix this, since it's ridiculous that the only way I can access the features of the site is to now use an incognito window in a specific browser.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
I have just spent most of the last hour converting from Opera to Firefox (I have this belief that hackers concentrate their efforts on the big boys, especially anything MS).

In Firefox everything works properly again. :smile2:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I see some complaints also and wonder if they are accessing from the phone or laptop or the big box desk computers?
I'm using Google Chrome on a desk set up and don't seem to have difficulties.
Don't know where I'd look on face book for info on a Strom site.
It was a comment on F/B Strom page that I first saw the comments about not being able to join/sign in.
I've accessed Stromtrooper on both my phone and my normal desk top computer.
I'm using Chrome by the way

1 - 20 of 116 Posts