StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Triumph Sprint GT 1050 so the DL 650 is going up for sale. This is a great forum and I will keep checking in here from time to time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good luck with the new bike.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Yeah! 4 days - 1000 miles. I find the seating position better for my damaged vertebrae than the more upright V Strom so it is comfy to ride all day, and the performance - WOW!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Oh Yeah! 4 days - 1000 miles. I find the seating position better for my damaged vertebrae than the more upright V Strom so it is comfy to ride all day, and the performance - WOW!
That's how I felt about my Sprint too. I don't have a bad back, but there have been times I thought the stock seat on the Strom was going to give me one! We really should take this over to TRat.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
103 Posts
from kamloops

moved to kamloops 4 yrs ago, bought a vstrom 650 rode back rds ect for 1 yr, bought vfr800,tl 1000,bmw 850r,vfr,bmw r1100rt, and alas I bought another vstrom 650 ran out pf paved rds really quick and I am back to exploring logging rds and fire rds again. need to win lottery and have transport truck of bikes following me so I can pick bike for rd. I ride 30,000kms-40,000kms per year

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really enjoyed the V Strom - it was that do anything bike - scratch in the dirt (lightly), hang with the sport tourers on long trips and commute everyday in all kinds of weather. My avatar picture is Valley of the Gods in Utah - all my sport touring buddies waited at the end of the pavement while I explored the dirt roads. I realise I trade off some of the broader functionality for the performance of the Sprint, but, just like the KLR, it was time to move on and try something else. Darcy - we have ridden together with Vince and Ewa.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really enjoyed the V Strom - it was that do anything bike - scratch in the dirt (lightly), hang with the sport tourers on long trips and commute everyday in all kinds of weather. My avatar picture is Valley of the Gods in Utah - all my sport touring buddies waited at the end of the pavement while I explored the dirt roads. I realise I trade off some of the broader functionality for the performance of the Sprint, but, just like the KLR, it was time to move on and try something else. Darcy - we have ridden together with Vince and Ewa.
sent pm darcy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts