StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after test driving a Yamaha FJR1300 today, i'm pulling the trigger and trading my beloved DL1000 for a beautiful '07 FJR.

it's been a good time, and i met some great people here. i'll stop by now and again to make sure the asylum is still running...

have fun,
Paul.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Don't forget your towel.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Don't forget there's an "Other Motorcycles" section where you can tell us about your new ride when you get some miles on it.

... And yeah, the folks on the FJR fora smell like elderberries.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good move. One fine bike. Did you get the auto clutch model or manual. The manual clutch model has the prettiest color of them all.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can understand the allure of that bike. I bought a 2008 a few months back. Got a heck of a deal, did all the maintenance, which was EASY, but sold it soon after. Just didn't do it for me once it was in the garage.

Good luck with it!

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
This summer I rode an FJR and a '10 Connie and I gota say the Connie fit me better but at the end of the day I wanted my Wee back.

M

·
0 Posts
well, after test driving a Yamaha FJR1300 today, i'm pulling the trigger and trading my beloved DL1000 for a beautiful '07 FJR.

it's been a good time, and i met some great people here. i'll stop by now and again to make sure the asylum is still running...

have fun,
Paul.
Good on ya buddy. Enjoy the ride. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's the 07 FJR1300A. manual clutch, in beautiful black cherry. that's what made me look at it in the first place....

then i drove it. it's a much better fit for me. 99% of my driving is on pavement. here in the great southwest, you have to go a long way to go anywhere, the FJR does that with ease.

i'll post in other bikes, after a few thousand miles, to give a more thurough opinion.

and Lordsmoke, what's wrong with elderberries??

P.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
and Lordsmoke, what's wrong with elderberries??

P.
beats me. Given his new avatar, we might ask MightyShep.

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nice bike. they finaly acknowledged their design flaw with the Spider Connector that would melt and leave people stranded. They sent out a recall and fix so make sure you get that performed. That is the only major issue that kept me from getting one when I was in the market for a super dependable bike after being stranded alongside the road 3 times by my o6Buell Uly. I got my Wee instead and have not looked back.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gone but not forgotten.

well, there's a brand new (to me) 2009 FJR1300A in my garage tonight. farewell my dear Victoria. i hope your new owner takes good care of you.

P.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
well, after test driving a Yamaha FJR1300 today, I'm pulling the trigger and trading my beloved DL1000 for a beautiful '07 FJR.

it's been a good time, and i met some great people here. I'll stop by now and again to make sure the asylum is still running...

have fun,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I have not seen that quote from Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe for quite a while, I have been known to use it myself.

Anyway, glad you found another bike to love, Please do drop back in and let us know how you and new lady are doing,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Congrats. Hope you really enjoy it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I'd make the same trade if I could find a suiteable deal on an '06 or newer FJR.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
well, there's a brand new (to me) 2009 FJR1300A in my garage tonight. farewell my dear Victoria. i hope your new owner takes good care of you.

P.
Congratulations on the new ride.

I wish you well there in Albequer.......... Albertquir........... Albaqwerty........ Albiquerk........

Alboquequ....

Albekwek.......

Allagheniquek.......

Alabaquarkt...

Slightly Northwest of Central New Mexico.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts