StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the advantages of being a shift worker is that I sometimes have days off during the week...

So I am at home yesterday (Thursday), my two older kids are at school and I decide that I would spend some quality one on one time with my baby daughter, she's four and LOVES bikes...

I ask her if she wants to help me clean the VStrom... Excitedly she replies "Yes daddy"

First we take off the windscreen and she wants to undo the screws so I explain the difference between a Flat head and a Phillips head screw driver, I show her how to hold it and what she has to do to undo the screws, Now you would think it would take a four year old a couple of goes to use a screw driver but she got it first time. (Made me so proud I was smiling) :mrgreen:

So we go and get a bucket of warm soapy water and some rags and start cleaning...

Now like I said, she's only four, but she got enough brains to asks before she slaps the sponge on the Strom
"Should I wash this part ?" (side cover)... Yes I say
"Should I wash this part ?" (Head lights)... Yes I say
"Should I wash this part ?" (Oil Cooler)... No you better leave that I say
"Why ?" She asks
I pause to think and she asks "Will it blow up...?" :shock:
"No Baby Girl" I say with a laugh :mrgreen:

So we finish the scrub and then rinse the strom down with some fresh water, Her little eyes light up :shock: as I grab the Armour All (its in a spray pack and all kids love spray pack)...

We start wiping the seat and all the plastics again she checks what she should be "Armour Alling"

"Here daddy ?" (Seat) "Yes baby girl"
"Here daddy ?" (Side Cover) "Yes baby girl"
"Here daddy ?" (Unknown I was busy cleaning the rim) "Yes baby girl"

So I am slowly working the gunk off my rear Rim and spot something that makes me whish I had paid more attention to what she was spraying.
"Baby Girl" I ask "Did you spray here ?" (Rear brake disc)
"Yes Daddy"

It about now that I notice she is wiping the front tyre tread with her Armour All soaked rag... :!:
"Don’t put it on the tyres Baby Girl" I say with a forced smile (again she's only four, its not her fault I should have been paying more attention)
"Why Daddy ?"
"Its slippery"
"Sorry Daddy"
"That’s ok baby girl"

(Now you would think I would be worried about dropping the bike cause the tyres were slippery. but the funny thing is I was more worried about how she would feel if I dropped the strom and she thought it was because she put armor all on the tyres)

Needless to say I gave the tyres a wipe down with some fresh rags and made sure the brakes were working properly before I left this morning...

So like the master card ad says
A shiny Vstrom $0.00
A brand new bottle of Armor All half empty $10.95
A very careful first corner this morning $0.00
A couple of hours spent with my daughter Priceless

Later All

·
Registered
91 Posts
+1 mussie,
You made me remember a few years back to when my kids were small and we did this kinda thing together.
Thanks for the warm memory :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
catneck & drummer, I appreciate the comments. Thanks Guys

Just wait till my next "Like The Master Card Ad Says" post, its a ripper LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Moments like this make me feel like go get marry with first woman i see and have children.
:lol: :cry:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Baby girl

:mrgreen:

V.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Mussie.................Quality time is PRICELESS. Enjoy it while you can and build special memories.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts