StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2012 Adventure wee this weekend and rode it 860 miles back home. Along the way I encountered some heavy crosswinds and of course turbulence behind semis. One thing I noticed was that when I was doing around 80mph and encountered crosswinds it seemed like the front end would get wobbly. It felt different than just being pushed around by the wind and was more along the lines of a "rhythmic wobble", especially if I was leaning in the middle of a gradual curve. It was definitely a disconcerting feeling and usually went away when I dropped the speed back down to the mid to low 70's.

Does this sound like the symptoms that folks say the fork brace helps with?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That and drop the front in the Triple about 10mm so the flat under the cowling doesn't plane.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is lowering the forks still recommended with the Wee2? My Wee has them about 3/4 inch lowered by the PO and it handles quite well.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Is lowering the forks still recommended with the Wee2? My Wee has them about 3/4 inch lowered by the PO and it handles quite well.
It's not needed on the later design. The ramp under the headlights is gone and the shock is a little longer.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The fork brace helps minimize fork flex & twist. It helps in wind as well as on rough roads and windy roads.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think this is one of the reasons for the beak on the V2, I had mine at 120 mph on a back road for a bit and no wobble at all. It's also good on the highway around trucks. Of course I don't have hard bags on it yet.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've had a superbrace on my bike since it was new and had never experienced the bike without it. I just changed the fork fluid and decided to try the bike without the brace just to see if I noticed a difference. I didn't notice any lose of cornering or rough road stability without the brace, but I did notice the bike being less stabile on the highway and being pushed around by turbulance from cars and trucks, which I never experienced with the brace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts