StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I'm pretty happy with the results!

Started by taking a bunch of measurements and then mocking one up out of some easily shaped plastic left over from an earlier project.

Laid it all out then started by cutting the holes.

Rough cut the plastic first.

Then shaped it on the bandsaw.

Cut it in half lengthwise and test fitted it a few times on the bike. There was some definite trial and error here.

Still shaping...

Fits like a glove!

Now to transfer the shape to the 1/2" aluminum.

I'm going to be finding aluminum shavings everywhere for months!

Back to the bandsaw.

Some detail work before drilling out the bolt holes and cutting down the centre.

Drilled and tapped.

Polished edges and mounted!

Had it out for a run last night and am tickled with the way it handles. Tightened up the front end beautifully. Unbelievable difference on the highway.

If you don't have a brace yet, just do it. Order one, make one, whatever, just get one. You won't believe how much of an improvement it makes in the handling.:thumbup:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Well Done Fyrman!!!

Thanks for all of the photos too!

B.L.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Looks like fun. There's nothing like having the tools to do what you want.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Look up fly cutter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most excellent. The only problem with me doing something similar is with my skills and abilities the estimated time for fabrication and cost for materials I would be putting a value on my time of approximately 50 cents per hour.

Just me, I would rather be riding.

Those who can do, the rest just ride.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must be going blind, I don't see any photos. (or something's goofy with my browser).
Really intrested in seeing the fork brace.
They`re all there. Things might not be set up right just yet... try a couple more posts and see if things shape up. Could be your browser.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts