StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last fall i picked up a used Corbin seat from a local strommer. price was cheap and I was happy. since I had the bike apart for work, I never put it on.

I did last night. The seat is comfy, but, puts me higher on the bike to a point that im uncomfortable with just how high.

so, question is, what other good seat will either keep me that the same level as the stock seat, or lower?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,473 Posts
Seats contain a bit of Black Magic. If your Corbin is too high, do you mean while seated on the bike or are you having trouble touching your feet to the ground at a stop? Typically the Corbin seats are a bit wider at the front than some other seats. This width drastically effects your ability to put your feet down for control. Russell Seats are very wide....in the rear but can actually be about the same effective "height" when stopped if you slide all the way forward at a stop. This is where the Black Magic comes in. The wider the seat, typically the more comfortable. But, there is the tradeoff for control of he bike when stopped. I dare say a narrow front part of the seat is more important than seat height. So, when you are needing a seat that allows you to put your feet down for control when stopped carefully consider that part of the design.

The stock Wee seat is lower to start with plus it seems to sink down more when seated. Of course you could just turn an iron griddle upside down and tape it to the frame to sit on as it would be more comfortable than the stock Wee seat......

·
Registered
588 Posts
If the price is still cheap I may be able to help you move on to your next one... ;) At 6'4" I wouldn't mind a slight height increase over my stock gel. I have a sister in Pickering so no shipping. :thumbup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Toronto_nic

I got a brand new stock Wee seat and a Suzuki gel seat that I will send you, along with a few $$$, for your Corbin. Both my seats are in EXCELLENT condition.

Lemme know.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I had Rick Meyer make me a seat, he will fit it to YOU. And he always has sales, you should be able to get one built for under $350.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Of my four seats,

1. Corbin is the tallest. Toes only on the ground. 6'0" and 32" inseam.
2. Russell next to tallest. Can put the balls of feet on the ground.
3. Sargent, closest to perfect. Can flat foot the ground. The seat gets a little "squishy" after a few hours.
4. Stock. Can flat foot it with a slight leg bend. Doesn't really matter as I hate the seat and won't ride with it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, that Corbin has to go. It's just too high for me, dont like it.

will trade + cash for a gel seat. Prefer greater Toronto area, buffalo can work as well.

message me if interested

·
Registered
350 Posts
FYI the gel seat is also higher than the stock wee or vee seat. Much more comfortable but still higher.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, so i read.

im struggling right now trying to figure out where to go in terms of seats. I've read so many threads that my head hurts.

stock seat is the right height. Just need to figure out which custom one will keep the same

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Rick Mayer will build you one that fits you and your feet will touch the ground!!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with Rick123. Sargent. I ride down to Milton if you want to meet up and try it. Only one problem? Seat is absolutely comfortable but legs ache a little? seems as if they should be a little lower now.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Wednesday looks like pretty good time for this meeting Nick. You can stop by on the way there. (where are pictures btw.?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts