StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Would somebody please retrofit an enclosed chain oil bath featured on a 1966 Honda 90 step-thru . Call it The Smeg-Buster

Richlandrick? Anyone?

For $80 bucks I could buy several tootoro spash oilers loaded with ATF and my bke would be near spotless:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
135 Posts
BorderDave - keep us posted !

To all if you look up a youtuber called DrVstrom you will find a very interesting review - I'm getting one!

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
135 Posts
Just placed an order using my Visa - if anyone is still not convinced that this seems to be a good solution to reduce the "oil fling" make sure you take a look at the Youtubers review, Based on what i saw reduces fling 2/3 good enough for me placed the order this AM will report back late March with my 2 cents

In one of the posts I eluded that the final chain drive is my biggest pet peeve with the Strom - I have ordered a Tutoro oiler and this item hopefully this will keep me in the family for many years to come.

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
135 Posts
Motocan - when you get to the payment section your be prompted to used Paypal but within the same page you'll have a credit card option

·
Registered
2014 V-Strom 1000
102 Posts
Just placed an order using my Visa - if anyone is still not convinced that this seems to be a good solution to reduce the "oil fling" make sure you take a look at the Youtubers review, Based on what i saw reduces fling 2/3 good enough for me placed the order this AM will report back late March with my 2 cents

In one of the posts I eluded that the final chain drive is my biggest pet peeve with the Strom - I have ordered a Tutoro oiler and this item hopefully this will keep me in the family for many years to come.
When you get it give us a report please.

·
Registered
2014 Suzuki DL650A V Strom
44 Posts
I just got it in and installed it, along with a Suzuki center stand. I have the chain guard installed in the more rearward position, just to give the chain more clearance.

I don’t know how well that plastic clip will retain the chain guard. I’ll have to find a better way to secure it. That’s the weak point and obviously the reason you’re not supposed to do any heavy off-reading with it.

·
Registered
V-strom 650 glass sparkle black 2019
5 Posts
What kind of chain lubrication system do you use?
Looks wet!

I use S100 chain spray

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I don’t know how well that plastic clip will retain the chain guard. I’ll have to find a better way to secure it. That’s the weak point and obviously the reason you’re not supposed to do any heavy off-reading with it.

Maybe reversing the axle so the clip is around larger axle bolt?

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
135 Posts
OM is probably right - depending on the bike your ride (650 - correct) you will have to look into this solution

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
135 Posts
On top of the two replies above and before you undertake anything else - find the Dr Vstrom YouTube channel and take a look at his review of this product. On it he references this issue !

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
Duh, it's designed to transfer funds from your wallet to their bank account.

Srsly though. I at first misunderstood it as intending to keep the chain clean. Fat chance, says I, if you're going on dirt at all. Dust is the herpes of the riding world.

Then I realized it was basically there to prevent chain lube fling.

It's solving a problem almost as important as the scourge of toast sweat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Duh, it's designed to transfer funds from your wallet to their bank account.

Srsly though. I at first misunderstood it as intending to keep the chain clean. Fat chance, says I, if you're going on dirt at all. Dust is the herpes of the riding world.

Then I realized it was basically there to prevent chain lube fling.

It's solving a problem almost as important as the scourge of toast sweat.

This is a less than constructive post. Anyone who is running a chain oiler will get a considerable amount of fling on the rear or the bike over time, this should do a good job at keeping that at bay. If it is not interesting to you, so be it. Those that find it interesting can report back on how well it works.

I have ordered one and the fit is very secure but you do need to follow the instructions and have the bolt on the left side of the bike. I can report back how well it works when winter is over but I suspect others will get there first.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts