StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I like it.......another farkle. I sent off an email and asked if they plan to add a USA Distributor?? and/or do they ship to the USA??

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
454 Posts
Not recommended for Off Road use.

Nice idea though and I'm confident it works based on that video. I did wish it can be used off road without any consequences. I think it would help keep the chain a little cleaner in that environment.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
What's the worse you could do to it using "off road"....if you hit something with it??? It's plastic, and not a rigid connection to the swingarm........it would just tear off. (Yes......you might "out" the cost of the unit)
If anyone gets a USA Dollar amount with shipping, please post up on this thread. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
454 Posts
I honestly don't know why the seller said "not recommended off road".

I'm sure they have their reasons. I've picked up some unusual hitch hikers below the waist of the bike while off road riding. Things that easily damage hard parts. Anything can happen.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What's the worse you could do to it using "off road"....if you hit something with it??? It's plastic, and not a rigid connection to the swingarm........it would just tear off. (Yes......you might "out" the cost of the unit)
If anyone gets a USA Dollar amount with shipping, please post up on this thread. Thanks!!
Shipping to Ontario, Canada is 12EUR.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Unless I am missing something, it is not intended to keep the chain any cleaner, but to keep oil flinging off onto the wheel.

A third world problem solved.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It looked to me as though there was very little difference in the quantity of the flinged (flung?) lubes between with and without the Snoto device installed. I was getting dizzy with all the zoom in/out between sentences.
€ 50.00 cost + €12.00 shipping to Wisconsin USA + 5.5%WI sales tax =
$56.60 cost + $13.59 shipping + 5.5% tax = $74.05 USD. Shipping & tax will vary

Pass.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Correct STCorndogger, it's a "housekeeping" farkle. Before I shell out $75 for one, I'm gonna try to:

1. maybe somehow extend the rear of my chainguard "down"........
2. build a similar widget myself and come up with a mounting point......

On the plus side of the SNOTO (what a name??!!), it should keep chain-smeg off your Left Rear Panniers, Tool Tube, etc too.............:unsure:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
OK..........cheapazz SNOTO II version............🐵
All I need now is a tiny Yosemite Sam sticker..........
View attachment 296524
Helpful, but you still get fling on the spokes.
This would eliminate that:
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

No worries about high centering- plenty of power to get through anything!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
@mark444, well it is not pink. However, it looks better and equally as effective as the other one.

Nice work sir!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts