StromTrooper banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a DL1000 XT from 2018, Euro spec, if it makes any difference (the year when they came with lean angle ABS, Motion Track Brake System). When I go to service mode, it only shows c00, without an hypen. I managed to get under the tank and when adjusting TPS, it seems to have two positions (I can hear something changing in the airbox when moving the sensor) - either up or down. With moving the sensor, nothing changes on the dashboard, it still shows just c00.
When the sensor is in lower position, the bike idles at around 1300rpm, as it should be. Then I move the sensor to upper position and start the bike up, it stared with idling at around 1500rpm and then just rose close to 3000rpm.

Also, I bought Boosterplug, installed it and I haven't really noticed all that significant difference. Throttle is still quite snappy and when riding on bad condition dirt roads, I have to be really careful with it on slow speeds. When riding really slow, 1st gear and around 2500 rpm, it still feels like on/off throttle. Outside temperature has been in between 5-10C on my riding days.
There really is no way to install Boosterplug in a wrong way. So I don't know why my bike doesn't seem to have that drastic change with it as you guys have.

Anyway, does any of you have some idea why my bike does not show hypen next to c00? And what might be the logic behind idle rpm change when moving the sensor? And why my bike seems to have 2 positions, instead of 3? All opinions and comments would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
You need to get the service manual to verify what the TPS setting should be and how its corrected. Maybe its different for the newer model? On the older models even a tiny bit of change in TPS position makes the hyphen move. Are you sur you are adjusting the right device?

And Welcome to the forum!

·
2015 DL650
137 Posts
I also have an '18 DL1000 XT, the lean angle abs, etc.. not sure if the Euro spec adds anything different. I followed the instructions in this post. I definitely had the _c00, after adjustment -c00. Like blaustrom indicated, didn't have to turn it much to get the correct setting.

I just turned the ignition switch on, I didn't start the bike when adjusting the TPS sensor. My idle is around 1500rpm, it is steady.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 2018 model seems to be designated as DL1000A L8. I only have an owners manual, but not service manual. In owners manual, only place where something is said about TPS, is under ECU article, which states that "Emission-related components and engine parameters such as engine speed and throttle position are monitored to provide optimum fuel economy".
I just found model DL1000A L4 service manual online but it is so vast that it is going to take some time to find anything in there. Also, it is for L4.

I have read every post in this thread and did exactly as some guys described and showed on pictures of the right sensor. So how sensor looked and where it is positioned lines up with all the descriptions and instructions from older posts. But behavior doesn't.
I also moved the sensor when ignition was on but bike was not running. But still question remains why mine doesn't show hyphen when in service mode..

And Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

·
2015 DL650
137 Posts
From my very basic research, the c00 is one level above the upper-dash c00 setting. Not sure if this holds true in your case.

My setting was at _c00 and turned clockwise to get the -c00.

I hope this helps and you get the correct setting

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
the 2018 euro use a different ecu and harness than the US one. The US 2018 use the same ecu as the 2016...so it's possible that the euro 2018 is different when it comes to adjust the tps.

The Woolwich ecu tune with the decel fuel cut disable really made the biggest difference for me for when releasing the throttle and the throttle tamer g2 did the trick for the acceleration.

I tried the Booster plug and it was not working out for me with the bike sometimes stalling when cold and having very high fuel consumption. I inquired with the company about those issues and was basically told that there must be something wrong with the bike since they never had issue, never... So I removed the booster plug and the issue I had were gone. If anyone in the Montreal area want to try it, hit me up it's collecting dust and don't want to sell since I'm afraid it's defective.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
The service manual shows a different set up procedure for European models involving, as I recall a voltmeter, and not the dashboard display. I didn't really pay attention since I have a US model. I vaguely remember thinking, boy I'm glad I don't have to go through all that. I guess you'll need to get the service manual.

Vinnie

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fitted a second hand PCFC to my V2, their maps were only OK so I chose to have it put on a dyno and a custom tune done, chalk & cheese.

My torque starts at 1600rpm not the 1900 I started with, at 2200rpm my torque increased from 29.94ft-lbs to 49.45, that's almost 20ft-lbs.

My peak torque moved from 6500rpm to 3700.
Wow, that's amazing. Can you post your before/after dyno chart? Is that stock pipe and intake?

And you went to a normal PowerCommander capable dyno tuner I guess ... wasn't sure they could do that for the PCFC, I thought you needed a PCV for the custom map? I called one place up before (different bike) and they didn't seem to know what a PCFC was. I was a bit on the fence of even doing it, and no way was I going to then buy a PCV after having bought a PCFC, so I just used PC's supplied map.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Scorpion slip on, stock filter, the tuner tried to talk me into a K&N filter.

He did have to down load the tuning tool to his computer before he started but that only took a couple of minutes.

I have tried to upload the chart and have not been able to do it, I'm better with hand tools than computers.

If you PM me with a email address I should be able to send it to you and you could try to upload it ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey where are you instaling the air intake temp sensor ? I managed to find some clean air along the inside of the fork tunnel along an existing wire harness..It seems to be an area not affected directly by engine heat.. did you notice youre exhaust was sootier than normal(indicating overly rich condition.. ) and the guy having all the trouble have you changed youre spark plugs checked for correct gap new air filter etc...sometimes its the cheep inexpensive things..and if the plugs have been changed by some one else hopfully you trust them to be honest because the plug on the front cylinder is a real Son of a #☆&[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Noway i have a 2018 XT and having the stalling euro fuel cut when going off throttle just a little and it is wery annoying 🤬 I could buy the Wollwich ecu tune but it will be a very expensive fix since i probably want need it for any other use 😭

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
see if you have a Woolich tuner near you and ask them how much for only turning off the feature, I'm sure it will be cheaper than buying the Woolich tool itself.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

101 - 112 of 112 Posts