StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my poor Strom against the house today, broke my windscreen and snapped the mount off at the bolt holes on the bottom :headbang:

I've got some plastic-specific epoxy on there, trying to get a temporary remedy (she's my daily driver) but am in need of a new one ASAP.

Anybody replace their screen mount with a MadStad mount and want to sell the stock one for a good price? They go for about $60 new, but at that point I might as well pick up a MadStad, only problem being, I can't afford it right now. And there aren't ANY I can find on eBay, ADV, here or otherwise.

So who's got one they want to sell, or can offer some other really genius advice I never thought of for fixing mine? I'd like to pick one up ASAP and would probably pay extra for shipping if it went out "fast" mail.

Please give a shout if you can help.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
You need both the mounting braces and the windscreen or just the two braces? I replaced both my windshield and the brackets and have both

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Right now just the bracket will do. What do you want for it? Feel free to PM, leave it here or call 360-224-5928

I've got the stock windscreen still, and think the aftermarket one I broke will hold up after my super awesome zip tie stitches.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did the madstad so if its one of the parts I wont need any more and removed, you can have it for price of shipping. Post a pic of whats broken so we know what you need.
-Kevin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the piece that the windscreen mounts to, that mounts to the bike. The "H" shaped piece.

I've got a pic (supposedly) being sent from my phone to upload and post, but it's #4 here 2004 Suzuki DL650 Parts, 2004 Suzuki DL650 OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com under "Cowling body install"

The "Brace assy, wind"

Both of the bottom pieces that mount to the bike broke off, one side was (somewhat) sucessfully epoxied in place, the other half just will NOT take for some reason. And even the piece that kind of worked, I'm not sure will hold up with an oversize windscreen at freeway speeds. And I REALLY don't want my windscreen to hit me in the face at 80 mph!

Let me know where to paypal money if you have this part, and I'll be sure to cover shipping plus some for your time and effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts