StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02 DL1000 which is a joy to ride -

When I start up from cold I'm puzzled why only one exhaust (left side) smokes and the other doesn't? Is it a sympton of something - maybe an unbalanced carb?

Curious to know .... :?

Thanks - and Happy Christmas to all.

B

·
0 Posts
I don't think you are seeing smoke.... you probably are seeing moisture/steam. My bike does the same thing in cold weather start ups! :) It always goes away in about 2 minutes. You see the same exact thing happen with cars in colder weather. :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
BBurton said:
I don't think you are seeing smoke.... you probably are seeing moisture/steam. My bike does the same thing in cold weather start ups! :) It always goes away in about 2 minutes. You see the same exact thing happen with cars in colder weather. :wink:
Ditto; I read this in a FAQ somewhere... Completely normal on startup when cool out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The moisture that comes out just one side has to do with the HPFM (hocus pocus [email protected]%$*!n magic) Mine does the same thing. Why just one side? - Don’t know. I think it might be related to the laws of thermos bottles. You know, hot things hot & cold things cold. I keep two cups of coffee and a popsicle in mine. :roll:

·
Registered
61 Posts
the smoke you are seeing is not smoke it is moisture or steam that goes away in a few minutes when your exhaust system heats up. take a look under your bike. there is a real bias to the left side of your exhaust system plus if your bike rests on a side stand then most of the moisture or condensation settles to the left exhaust. totaly normal, don't worry about it.
hope this helps.

kaos....

Simbad said:
Have an 02 DL1000 which is a joy to ride -

When I start up from cold I'm puzzled why only one exhaust (left side) smokes and the other doesn't? Is it a sympton of something - maybe an unbalanced carb?

Curious to know .... :?

Thanks - and Happy Christmas to all.
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts