StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am unsure of proper etiquette here in that I've posted this on the vstrom.info forum as well, so apologize if this is unnecessary duplication . . .

Am pondering purchasing a smoked windscreen but wonder if visibililty is an issue at all when going on rough/dirt roads. As I was making my way along a rough road this last weekend, avoiding ruts and such, I noticed more when I transitioned from looking ahead and over my stock clear windscreen and then when I was looking through it closer up at ruts and such (going very slowly). Visibility difference there, though slight. Would a smoked screen make it more difficult to see through such very close up obstacles when they go from clear visual above and beyond the windscreen to looking through the windscreen? I've never used a smoked screen, so don't know . . .

Thanks in advance for your feedback! m

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops. I meant smoked versus CLEAR windscreen. Been a long day . . .

·
Registered
392 Posts
smoked

If you're going to do alot of off road riding I think I'd stay with clear. Smoked shields (I've got one now but always before had clear) have advantages on the street, cut down glare considerably and with a particular bracket can be easily raised to block a sun on the horizon that's always challenging. But on the road you very rarely look down and close like you do in the dirt. In low light conditions the smoked shield definately hides things up close.

Really bad idea if you choose to look thru the shield all the time, I won't do that, so doesn't bother me at all. Can make it really difficult riding at night if you're looking thru it all the time.

Bill H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts