StromTrooper banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Well that was short-lived. Smoke back in the air again this morning. :sneaky: Still not as bad as earlier, though, which is nice. There is rain in the forecast for tonight & tomorrow, thunderstorms in some places, in fact. So maybe we should all go wash our cars, since it supposedly always rains after you wash a vehicle, lol.

I’m just hoping we don’t get a lot of dry lightning...

This is the current, followed by the usual view from my deck. Keep in mind that I live on Vancouver Island, an ISLAND, in the ocean. Usually the winds would blow this stuff right past us but it just keeps coming (Yes...still on the Rum and Coke diet);

With the Bobcat fire so close I was surprised to see the moon and a star high in sky just before sunrise. It's been a thick, smelly Pall for a week. We'se waiting for some breeze to blow it all away.
Folks living in the foothills are being warned of evacuations.
I'm going to be there tomorrow through the weekend. I'm down to meet up.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Well, the air is mostly cleared out again here, for now. We got an absolute DELUGE of a thunderstorm here late last night/early this morning, to the extent that we had some flash flooding in the area. I don't know if I've ever seen it rain that hard around here before, it reminded me of being in Florida or the tropics! Woke me up around 1:00 this morning, and went for an hour or two. Some places got a lot of wind, too, judging by the amount of broken-off trees I saw on my way to the shop this morning. There is still some lightning in the hills off in the distance.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
So the fires we can see are getting more contained, but apparently there are still fires burning underground through the tree roots in some places. As if the firefighters didn't have enough to worry about already...:oops::oops:

So the fires we can see are getting more contained, but apparently there are still fires burning underground through the tree roots in some places. As if the firefighters didn't have enough to worry about already...:oops::oops:

Sadly, some of these fires will not be 100% contained until the rain/snow falls. Likely to have lots of closures for the foreseeable future. Prayers to all those affected.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
I just found out tonight that OR-22 has now been reopened. Part of the highway is under a 40-mph speed limit, but at least it's open. We had some rain again today here in the valley, and the fires are much more contained.
The crews apparently cleared at least THIRTY THOUSAND TREES out of the way, in the process of opening the road back up...
All of the states/countries/continents who sent extra firefighters to help us out deserve a huge THANK YOU from all of us here!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.