StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
ToothDoc, don't apologize. A lot of Americans are an arrogant bunch and don't seem to care for rules and regulations. Everything is a personal affront to their individual rights, as they see it. Canada is trying to protect its citizens from the pandemic. Just the opposite of what we South of you do. 200,000 and counting. Don't wear a mask and distance yourself and you can be next.
Seems to be a lot of arrogant people all over the world. I think it’s just a bunch of dumbasses that can’t follow rules. Some people can’t even follow the arrows in the supermarket. Some run red lights, some can’t stay on the trail. The rules simply don’t apply to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToothDoc, don't apologize. A lot of Americans are an arrogant bunch and don't seem to care for rules and regulations. Everything is a personal affront to their individual rights, as they see it. Canada is trying to protect its citizens from the pandemic. Just the opposite of what we South of you do. 200,000 and counting. Don't wear a mask and distance yourself and you can be next.

I'm Canadian, HOW DARE YOU DENY ME MY RIGHT TO APOLOGIZE.
Jeez, I'm sorry. Again

We are seeing smoke here in MN. Can't imagine what it must look like at the source.

The way our local Bobcat fire is going it will be a few months and it will finally burn what didn't get burnt in the 2009 Station fire, 160577 acres, 250 Sq Miles.Then we'll be done with any fire worries for a few years. Always look to the brighter side.

This morning I noticed that the sun was RED, so I thought: "Red sky's in the morning, sailors take warning", then I remembered the fires, and yup the smoke is here

Reactions: oldjeep
This morning I noticed that the sun was RED, so I thought: "Red sky's in the morning, sailors take warning", then I remembered the fires, and yup the smoke is here
That has been the main feature we have been noticing as well.

The smoke has really put a damper on riding this past week. Very sad to see and hear about areas that I regularly ride, Hagg Lake, Bald Peak, Clackamas River, Santiam Valley, etc. It has been crazy that once the winds that caused all the fires to blow up died down, there has been barely a breeze so the smoke just sits here. Can't wait to be outside again soon.

Reactions: Charlie1982
Discussion starter · #50 ·
Uggh, I live a few miles from Molalla, OR and it's still fairly awful here, though getting better every day.
So I have a question for you, since you’re close to Molalla. Do you know anything about some pianos sitting outside of a store on a sidewalk somewhere in that town? If so, do you know why? I saw a couple of pictures of 3 pianos outside getting covered with ash and soot, and wondered what the deal was.

So I have a question for you, since you’re close to Molalla. Do you know anything about some pianos sitting outside of a store on a sidewalk somewhere in that town? If so, do you know why? I saw a couple of pictures of 3 pianos outside getting covered with ash and soot, and wondered what the deal was.
Evergreen Pianos is a piano company in town. Pianos in park

Reactions: Charlie1982
View attachment 277070

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Willamette Valley like this, and my dad said he hasn’t either, as far as he can remember. Stay safe out there, folks!
Yep its pretty bad up here in Longview these days too. Where are the rains when you need them. If only stupid people would stop setting these fires and burning down our cities.

Now social media is spreading misinformation claiming that Antifa is starting fires and that mobs are looting homes that have been evacuated. WTF! Now we have far-right groups like Proud Boys showing up armed to fight this imagined threat. Really sad that agitators are using this catastrophe to further divide people.
What makes you think it's misinformation, people have been caught setting fires.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.