StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how to smoke cigarettes while riding v-strom w/ f.f. helmet ? cigarette holder ? drill hole in f.f.helmet for cigarette ?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
If you have to smoke when you're riding, you're better off having a big enough windscreen that it deflects the wind above your head. 25 years ago, when I still smoked, I tried smoking while riding, and invariably, some hot ash would still end up getting blown back in my face or down my shirt. Nothing like having your chest hair catch fire to break your concentration.

If you smoke through a hole in a full face helmet, where are you going to blow the smoke?

At my peak I was a two pack a day smoker, and even at that rate, after a few aborted attempts, I stopped trying to smoke on the bike. If for no other reason than you look like a dork when you do it.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I'm out for a ride on a nice day and I get behind someone that's smoking or I pull up at a stop light and there's a cigarette hanging out the window next to me. It's really rude that some/most smokers have no consideration for those around them that want to breathe clean air.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
how to smoke cigarettes while riding v-strom w/ f.f. helmet ? cigarette holder ? drill hole in f.f.helmet for cigarette ?
The obvious answer is a e-cigarette with a re-purposed hydration tube.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
The obvious answer is a e-cigarette with a re-purposed hydration tube.
I'm glad they didn't have vaping back when I still smoked, because I'm sure I'd have gone with your idea. I would have probably built a special rig to mount the e-cigarette to my helmet, and would have doubled my dork factor by looking like Boba Fett riding down the road...:smile2:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I've never noticed how many people smoke weed while driving until riding a motorcycle. It surprises me how easily I smell it while riding behind smokers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not to be a hater but I always chuckle when I see people riding while smoking. I mean, come on, really? If you are going to have a nit fit then just pull over and choke one down.

Anything to take your attention off the road and take one hand from controlling the bike sounds like an unnecessary risk :bom_juggle2: for both you and other drivers/riders around you IMHO

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
I've never noticed how many people smoke weed while driving until riding a motorcycle. It surprises me how easily I smell it while riding behind smokers.
I haven't, but I don't know what it smells like. Seriously.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Non-smoker here but it seems to me the easiest way is to get a buxom hottie to sit behind you - have her reach around and be your cig holder/ash flicker...

·
Administrator
17,524 Posts
I for one cannot understand why anyone would ever smoke in the first place, to each their own for sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
An open face solves the problem.
Did it out of curiousity back when I was a smoker, only issue I found was a cigarette burns much faster while travelling.
With the current pricing I imagine that would be a real issue.
For those who felt the need to whine and point the finger at those who like to indulge in a perfectly legal habit, GFY.
Shove your moral judgement up as far and as high as it will go.The thread title wasn't "Do you think I should smoke ?" or "How do you feel about my smoking ?"

Apparently fat people and smokers are the last refuge for the small minded and cowardly to attack to make themselves feel good.
People suck, I'm going to go and pat my Dog.
:sifone:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Wow.
If someone asked the best way to juggle while riding, seems a perfectly acceptable reply to suggest maybe it's not the best idea.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I for one cannot understand why anyone would ever smoke in the first place, to each their own for sure.
I can, and probably would if I wasn't so cheap. The smell of some of cigars make my mouth water.

I can't understand a lot of behaviors, but as long as they don't negatively impact me, like you said, 'to each their own.'

·
Registered
127 Posts
But the real question is how do you light the thing while riding?

Reminds me of seeing a guy navigating a scooter through traffic in Rome. He's talking on a cell phone, which he has wedged up inside his helmet. He did that because, being Italian, he needed his left hand to talk...the right hand was required to steer and throttle...no hands left to hold the phone. Wish I'd had a camera.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
While I would never recommend anyone use nicotine, Sweedish snus works well on a motorcycle. It is a spit-less oral tobacco (I use the pouches). I have to be stopped to put one in and it lasts 30 min to an hour. Can spit it out on the go. It is an alternative to smoking for nicotine addicts who can't or don't want to quit.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts