StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
Yah, the practice thing and having a sponsor that can replace the stuff that breaks when it does. It's always easier to push through the learning curve on someone else' dime.
That and a lot of raw talent. Can't diminish the ability the woman has.

·
Registered
186 Posts
2011 Dunlop Gymkhana - Top of Ladys - Momoco Tsukihara on a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
As a rider of very average skill, I may be too easily impressed, but that riding is amazing. And watching this, I'd say it is a textbook case of the value of, 'look where you want to go'. That is such an important technique and one of the hardest things for me to do, esp in low speed tight turns (not that 'low speed' is really applicable in this vid).

I've watched this several times and I'm still telling myself, out loud, 'look where you want to go'.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Who says women are the weaker sex? As stated above, these women put the time in practicing until they got it right. There are obviously practical considerations for short riders, but competency and experience rules!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fantastic video. Been on advanced rider training course(s) where the instructor took a GL1800 and humbled his fellow instructors on their adventure bikes - they put their foot down when he did not have to. I submit that spending money on riding courses is money better spent than on insurance, but insurance is a requirement.

Here's a video with a 925 lb GL1800, the rider is/was an instructor in Richmond BC -
. Took 3 courses with him. On the last day he would have a follow me ride with each rider. He'd push you such that you either stayed with him to the end, or you blew out of the pattern, in my case the latter. Steve weighs in at say 160 lbs.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
or buy a bike that fits your inseam. 0:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Serious question here: in the video from post # 7, 2011 Dunlop Gymkhana - Top of Ladys - Momoco Tsukihara on a Kawasaki ZRX1200R, how does she not drop the bike at those low speed turns? She's not even using any counterbalance etc. Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Serious question here: in the video from post # 7, 2011 Dunlop Gymkhana - Top of Ladys - Momoco Tsukihara on a Kawasaki ZRX1200R, how does she not drop the bike at those low speed turns? She's not even using any counterbalance etc. Inquiring minds want to know!
She's going much faster than you think. She's also using the throttle/brake/clutch in such a way as to keep the drive line tensioned so that there's no lag or 'dead spots' in power delivery (even when the brakes are applied). You probably also noted a fairly substantial 'cage' that I'm sure was used a great deal while she learned to throw that 535 lb bike around like that. Practice Practice Practice !!!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Watc
Watch and see just how much input is in her steering, that is hard work but it is made a little easier with the smaller front wheel.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The OE front wheel is a 120/70R17. So it's a bit wider than a V Strom front wheel but smaller diameter. However, the brand of wheel can make all the difference in the world to allow great handling. A 'more round' tire tread profile allows for much quicker handling. And you can bet that the tire is a 'sticky rubber' sport compound.

And you can believe that her riding skill is beyond belief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The OE front wheel is a 120/70R17. So it's a bit wider than a V Strom front wheel but smaller diameter. However, the brand of wheel can make all the difference in the world to allow great handling. A 'more round' tire tread profile allows for much quicker handling. And you can bet that the tire is a 'sticky rubber' sport compound.

And you can believe that her riding skill is beyond belief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 Dunlop Gymkhana - Top of Ladys - Momoco Tsukihara on a Kawasaki ZRX1200R

She must have been coached by Kenny Roberts Sr. She never took a foot off the peg. That was his big thing, the only thing I really remember was, "If your name isn't Mick Doohon or Rossi, put your damn feet on the pegs."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts