StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my kick stand pad is way too small. There is a Oxford magnimate magnetic pad out there for $15. Had anyone tried it. Does it stay on driving or is it some thing to have to carry.

Is there stand for 03 Dl1000 that replaces stock with a big pad?

thanks for feedback. steve

·
Premium Member
2007 DL650ABS
302 Posts
Is it really too small? Don't thing I've ever read complaints before, unless you keep parking on sand!
Actually,I don't have any experience with this pad, but looked it up briefly. My main concern would be that when added to the underside of the existing pad, the bike won't be able to lean over as far when the stand is down. There are issues with the stock kickstand being a bit unstable because the geometry doesn't allow the stand to kick forward into position very securely and the bike sits a bit too vertically. The odd tip-over can reult if you are not careful. If you add this pad, it looks like you will exacerbate the problem.
Also; could this thing get in the way when you move the kickstand "up" to start riding? I mean, it looks like it might also interfere with allowing the stand to fully retract up into position. Don't know, but I suppose for $15, you can give it a try and it won't break the bank if it doesn't really work out for you!

Cheers

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I park in sand alot so I welded a metal plate to mine as well. Works great.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I carry a square piece of G10 in my tank bag.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just can't justify paying for a pad when a bit of wood or flat rock would do just fine. Usually pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lots of G-10 around the house, a little in the front pocket too.

Touratech fatfoot here also.

·
Administrator
17,521 Posts
I also agree that the stock footpad is "very small" for what type of bike the Stroms are. Heck......my C14 has a bigger pad than the Stroms!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Shoot I've even had my stock footpad sink into hot asphalt, only a 92 degree day. Worst part of it was that by the time I got back to my bike the asphalt had started to cool and had a hard time removing the footpad from the parking lot.

Bubba

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I wonder who else here besides you and me knows what that is. :confused:
Everyone at Cromag - they gave them out last year.

We've made some on our RP machines as well, for fun: they look like a foot.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The metal plate used to cover electrical junction boxes works pretty well. Cheap at the Home Depot.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Go to a Motogp and they give you a nice plastic plate to fit under your kickstand so you wont harm the asphalt. Thats what I have, but I agree with the theory that any rock or piece of wood will do. I'm cheap.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I know what a G10 is, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why you'd use such a good Canon Camera for a pad?

I use an orange plastic Cycle Foot that I once got for free at an open house, then lost, then found, then lost, then found for a buck at a dealer. So far, I haven't lost the one I paid $1 for, and it works great in sand, mud, and hot pavement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts