StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Wee-Strom. Going to try taking the gas tank off. Besides the screws, there are these small pop-off thingys. Maybe 6 - 8 of them on the plastic parts. They're not really grommets. I don't know what you call them. Anyway, I know how to pop them off for removal. You just kinda push down in the middle of them. My question is .....how does one pop them back into place ?? Will it be obvious ?? I'm very stupid. :eek:) ;o) What's obvious to you may not be to me. Will I just push them back in ?
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
2012 Wee-Strom. Going to try taking the gas tank off. Besides the screws, there are these small pop-off thingys. Maybe 6 - 8 of them on the plastic parts. They're not really grommets. I don't know what you call them. Anyway, I know how to pop them off for removal. You just kinda push down in the middle of them. My question is .....how does one pop them back into place ?? Will it be obvious ?? I'm very stupid. :eek:) ;o) What's obvious to you may not be to me. Will I just push them back in ?
Thanks,
Dennis
Push pins.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-tech-products/257674-see-how-plastic-rivets-work.html
If you've never used them they can be confusing

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used a nail set to remove them. When they are out- you slide the center section so it is sticking out/ up. Once you reinstall, you push center section so it is flush again. Super easy once you do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts