StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a post or an ad, somewhere (yes I know, not very helpful) for what sounded like a small enterprise producing skid plates and crash bars in Canada for V Stroms. The quality and the prices looked good. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I recently saw a post or an ad, somewhere (yes I know, not very helpful) for what sounded like a small enterprise producing skid plates and crash bars in Canada for V Stroms. The quality and the prices looked good. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Emporer Racing Products, used to be Scorpion..... Abbotsford BC

Home I have their skidplate, it is the real thing... I use it to smash rocks :wink2:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Emperor was what I saw, but thanks for the link. Their stuff looks good.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
45 Posts
Geez, I seen this to late. I just ordered a kit for $350 + shipping, THEN USD to CND conversion, the total was $600, for rad guard, skid plate, touring pegs and switch cover!

/umph

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I think there is another one doing plates or bars for the older 650 and newer 1000 called ravetech or raventech, he's posted on the Canadian Facebook group.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I met up with Lorant last week (his shop is ten minutes from my house) to pick up the adventure skid plate and engine guards, all for $300. All around decent guy. The plate and guards look well-made. Lorant took the time to explain mounting. Apparently this skid plate, although full coverage, is not as strong as the newer design. Having looked at a number of other plates, I don't think I will worry at all about anything getting through this unless I decided to ride some trials on my wee.

Now I need to scare up the time to install everything and I will post some pictures and a review.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just messaged them to see if they have anything in development for the 14+ Dl 1000... Would be a nice alternative as their products look well made.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...and pictures - before, during and after - I'm pretty happy with the install and the quality. Take note that the Outback Motortek skid plate will only work with their crash bars.

I had a look at the Ravetech page (ravetechmotorcyclces.com). The skid plate is a good price too. It is said to work with a variety of other crash bars. It doesn't look like Ravetech makes their own crash bars.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts