Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly improving the fit. I have lowered the pegs, added a DL1000 seat, a better windscreen. I think the seat still needs work though. I am more comfortable but not there yet. I think if it was taller and I could slide back a bit it would help a lot. Still drives like a dream though......I really like this bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I absolutely agree on the seat. I have a DL1000 seat and its better than the 650 but still too low and way too forward. You might want to try one of the beaded strap on seat things (boy that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean :grin2:) for 10 or 12 bucks its an easy thing to try and also raises you up about 1/2 inch

have you played with bar height/position? That can make a big difference, even adding risers.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking into the risers and will probably try some after the seat issue is fixed. I have a good stock seat that I am going to take to a shop and discuss what I think it needs and see what they can do. I am kind of afraid the beads would make me slide on the seat.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not sure how tall you are, but I'm around 5'11".
I've used a Corbin seat on this bike for the 7 years and like it much better than the others I've tried (DL1000 seat, the OEM gel seat, using a sheepskin seatcover or using a gel seat cover).
Swapped out the mirrors for either Aprilia, KTM or Kawasaki mirrors (my fav) which look better and help with wind flow around the helmet. Adding mirror extenders greatly increases field of vision.
Also added the ProTaper bars which are stronger and make the bike handle the tighter turns better.
Highway pegs are a life saver for long haul trips.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've tried many seats also. On my DL1000 I've got a Terry Adcox which was built to my specifications -- 1" higher and 1" back. I've only gone on one long ride since. I went 150 miles without putting my foot down. Basically, I have to stop to pee or gas up before my butt hurts.

KKORO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is what I did to my seat to solve my problem of not fitting the bike. I first went with the Seats Concepts seat. That was way better than stock but still put me to close to the tank and I always felt I was slipping forward. I tried modifying it grinding foam to move me back which was better but still not what I wanted. At 6'4 and 36 inseam I needed to sit up higher also. I lowered the pegs with kit and still wanted more. I finally bought a 16x16 block of foam and fitted and shaped it into my seat to come up with this. The Seat Concepts cover almost worked but I took it in to have a cover made. Well it may not the best looking seat around but it works now for me.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts